Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be picking up her CCW on Monday! She's gone from scared of guns to a great shot and a card carrying CCWer. I'm proud.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My wife wasnt afraid but wasnt a fan of guns or shooting in general. Now shes a pretty good shot. Still isnt comfortable carrying but maybe one day. Good deal having a wife into guns.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

Looks more fuchsia to me..:oops:

Congrats on the wife's CCW.
I hope she isn't carrying that 22..:shock:

Perhaps get one of these for her..;)

Did you polish the controls on your XD Tact or is that just a reflection?

As much as I'd like my wife to carry, she is too hot headed to handle it.
She knows this and has no interest in carrying. ...:cool:

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The .22 isn't ideal for carry but it is what she is comfortable with and better than nothing. I did polish the pins, barrel and slide lock on my XD.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
Tell her, "Congratulations from the NETers!" :)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell her, "Congratulations from the NETers!" :)
I can imagine the blank look on her face already...... "a neverending what?" To which I'll say, "never mind." Lol.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
very nice. i got my wife to go to the range with me last week and shoot for the first time. with time i'm sure she'll own her own gun and hopefully soon she'll start to carry

·
Registered
91 Posts
I remember being uncomfortable at my Permit to Carry class because the instructor wore his gun open carry in a holster and kept pulling it out and holstering it. I was a little afraid of guns at that point - at least until we got to the shooting part of the class, and then I fell in love. That was in late March. Now I have three guns - a S&W .38 that used to be my husband's (but is now mine), a XDm 9mm 4.5 that is my home defense and range gun (the first gun I bought for myself), and my newest one that I bought last week, an XDm 9mm compact that is my carry and range gun. It's funny how things can change so fast.

Tell your wife congratulations! I'm sure the two of you will have a blast shooting together!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts