Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an m1 garand and after owning this beautiful rifle for a while decided I wanted an m1a to match. After being on the hunt for a nice m1a at a decent price, I finally found one. 2004 loaded model with the synthetic stock. Someone has had it in his safe for the last 10 years and never fired it. Got lucky and offered the guy a trade and he took it. Came with 10 Mags and a springfield armory scope mount. After a couple weeks of having it holed up in the safe and not being able to mess around with it due to a new addition to the family I finally had an opportunity this morning to affix the mount and mount my vortex viper hs lr. To my dismay the scope mount included (never mounted to any rifle) did not have the threaded stripper clip guide. I know I can order one from springfield but does anyone on here have one they arnt using and willing to part with? I can't stand to wait another couple weeks to get it and figured I would try to give some of my fellow xd talkers some of my hard earned money. If not that's okay, here's some pics so you can bask in the m1a awesomeness!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
128,144 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Congrats!! Looks nice.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely ready to get out and ring some steel. I'm dying to mount my scope and see what the two can do.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Beautiful rifles. I am jealous.:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was sure I was gonna win an M1A from the Springfield Duel this year lol...What year is your Garand???? CMP???

1944. All springfield with a winchester bolt. I bought it from a gun shop, CMP I'm sure. No paperwork included. Did come with the issued m5 bayonet and is marked 86 for the rack number on the pistol grip, circle p cartouche. I'll take some better pics when I get home.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Circle p cartouche and "86" rack #

DoD cartouche

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Great fine, Congrats!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a match grade version of the M1A in 1975, sold it after a year, realized I had no use for it, never looked back. The AR's in 223 win nearly every sort of rifle match, and have done so for many years now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts