Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As everyone knows you can get a german made german police trade in Sig P6 for pretty dang cheap (esp for a quality made Sig).

Mine arrived in great condition and I'm very pleased with it, but it needed something "more"

Laser engraved wood grips and a nice Fiber Optic sight make this shooter smooth as butter. Internally it received a lighter mainspring (factory is 24#, I added a 17#) for a MUCH better and lighter DA trigger pull. The only downside is tracking down extra magazines (I hate ProMag and won't buy them).
I ordered a "short" trigger, but my order was cancelled and I can't find anywhere online to purchase one.

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I was torn between grips and hard chrome, so I went with chrome. Did the 17# spring too. I'm going to put an 18# in my other P6. May get the gray laminated grips some day.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
i just got my pachmayr grips in the mail last week, HUGE upgrade in terms of looks and function. They are grippy as hell, the fine checkering has nice sharp ridges that just grip like a summina bitzch. I can hold the gun with thumb and fore finger, and its tough to pull it out of my hand with the opposing hand.

I look forward to ordering up the spring kit, and some trijicon night sights.

so in your guys opinon is 17 # the prefered spring? no real pitfalls ?

looks good by the way, do you carry it, or is it a range gun.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu5U5k.../**http://www.pachmayr.com/pachmayr/index.htm

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I love the grips but I have not been able to bring myself to buy 70 dollar grips for a 250 dollar gun.

Try the promags. I usually shy away from them steadfastly but I read good reviews on sig, hk, xd, glock, outdoors, etc forums about them so I bought 3. I do not regret doing so since they are all 100% reliable to date.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to go with a refinish as well, but the pistol arrived in such great condition, it seemed a shame to strip it off for chrome.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I handled a few P6s and didn't like the trigger.
I guess you guys solved that problem..............:rolleyes:
And I hate that hooked hammer.....:(

I went ahead and got what I really wanted, my P229.:mrgreen:

Love my DAK trigger............;-)

jnclement, who did your hard chrome?
It looks nice....................

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
anyone have a pic of a P6 next to a P239? like to see the difference in length and grip width/length.

cheers
if its not a huge hurry i can get you a comparison pic or three ... my cousin shoots and carries a p239 and xd 45 compact. I will comapre them for ya and take some pic. They are pretty close i can tell ya that i would wager about 1/8 "

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
if its not a huge hurry i can get you a comparison pic or three ... my cousin shoots and carries a p239 and xd 45 compact. I will comapre them for ya and take some pic. They are pretty close i can tell ya that i would wager about 1/8 "
No hurry at all I would like to see em

Cheers

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Caught this one kinda late, but I do have CNC machined Specifically for the P6, short , medium and fat triggers.

Here is a short and Medium next to a stock trigger.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
No hurry at all I would like to see em

Cheers
still havent gone shooting, if my cousin doesnt make the time i will lure him out of his house and shoot him in the knee with my .308 from down the street. He has the gun, so i cant get pics with out him.

The width is very similar though 1/8 "

i didnt pay much attention to the length but its about the same plus or minus 1/3 - 1/2 inch if i recall.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
$55 black oxide

$65 Plated ( Hard Chrome, Black Chrome or Nickel Cobalt )

Those are shipped prices for any of the triggers ( short, Med or Fat ). Just follow the link and there is a shopping cart and paypal on the site.

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
still havent gone shooting, if my cousin doesnt make the time i will lure him out of his house and shoot him in the knee with my .308 from down the street. He has the gun, so i cant get pics with out him.

The width is very similar though 1/8 "

i didnt pay much attention to the length but its about the same plus or minus 1/3 - 1/2 inch if i recall.
awesome.. no worries.. just dont forget me:)

cheers

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You guys all stink! (That's my way of saying, "Nice looking guns guys!")

You guys have me thinking about getting a 9mm again. Way back when I had a Sig 226 and it was great! Then I did a really stupid thing and traded it for a Glock - which I never liked - and I only recently traded away that Glock after hanging onto it for 12 years and putting lots of rounds through it. Now I am thinking of getting one of those neat Sig P6s I keep hearing / reading good things about. What distributors carry them for my FFL to order from? Who has a good deal and who doesn't?

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I got mine from AIM Surplus and have been nothing but pleased with it.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
i got mine from centerfiresystems for $259 in or around feb.

call and see if they figured out the inventory, looks like price went up $10 since this feb, but says free shipping which is about $20. So if they do have them in stock and can process your order you can get it for the same price i did 8 months ago.

they list 2 units one for $269 with free shipping.

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Search

they have them listed for $279 also.

my slide was a bit dry and thin looking .... no rust, no dings, just looked pale. that was the steel slide, the aluminum frame looked great except for some checkering/ serations on the grip, they powdercoating flaked off or work off. very very minor, think about pencil lead ridges where the top of the ridge the finish wore off, and its aluminum so it will oxidize, but not rust like steel does.

or got new pachymar rubber grips and they hide it anyways. Some day this winter i am going to finish my fn .308 israeli mauser and my p6 slide in some nice dark molyresin. and it will look better than new.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
personally i dont like wood grips. but it does look good, just not my type of thing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts