Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this gun will replace a Clot 6920 It was too long with the suppressor attached and heavy. I chose the Edge pistol in 5.56....cause its cheaper to shoot. The maxim Defense stock is one of my favorite braces :) and the size is perfect to attach a suppressor. Aimpoint for my optics and a Surefire Socom 30cal can to lead the way. I chose a 30 cal can because its too much of a pain to get the suppressors I might as well get one that I can use on multiple guns. The coating is all KG Gunkote since that is my favorite brand. I also did a little trigger work to the single action factory trigger.......Well I changed out one trigger spring and it dropped 2 pounds on the pull. Now the trigger is actually pleasant to shoot and I may not need to install a Geissele one saving me a few bucks to put towards a light. especially since I found a spring in my spring drawer that would work......so free trigger job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this gun will replace a Clot 6920 It was too long with the suppressor attached and heavy. I chose the Edge pistol in 5.56....cause its cheaper to shoot. The maxim Defense stock is one of my favorite braces :) and the size is perfect to attach a suppressor. Aimpoint for my optics and a Surefire Socom 30cal can to lead the way. I chose a 30 cal can because its too much of a pain to get the suppressors I might as well get one that I can use on multiple guns. The coating is all KG Gunkote since that is my favorite brand. I also did a little trigger work to the single action factory trigger.......Well I changed out one trigger spring and it dropped 2 pounds on the pull. Now the trigger is actually pleasant to shoot and I may not need to install a Geissele one saving me a few bucks to put towards a light. especially since I found a spring in my spring drawer that would work......so free trigger job.

VERY nice! May I ask, where do you keep it in your truck? Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VERY nice! May I ask, where do you keep it in your truck? Thanks for sharing!
A lockable safe, this is not meant as a quick get to gun. Thats what the Pistol I have on me is for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice pistol James! Did you do the coating at XD man or did somebody else do it? I'm thinking of doing mine like that.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pistol James! Did you do the coating at XD man or did somebody else do it? I'm thinking of doing mine like that.
I am the xdman, I did the coating. I almost never have time to do personal projects

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Hello, Can you tell me the make/ model for the aimpoint as well as suppressor?
The optic looks like an Aimpoint PRO on its standard (included) OE-ratcheting mount.

You should be able to obtain new for under $450 (without any sales pricing), and used ones on the secondary market should be readily available for $300 to $350, depending on the condition of the unit.

The ratcheting mount can be a point-of-failure, both in terms of the mechanism as well as the multi-leveled "stack" that the optic body itself sits on above the base. However, such problems tend to show up early on in-use, and Aimpoint's excellent warranty services will take care of fixing it for you. Alternatively, several excellent aftermarket mounts exist on the market.

I'm sure that xdman will come back to verify/amend/add. :)

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The optic looks like an Aimpoint PRO on its standard (included) OE-ratcheting mount.

You should be able to obtain new for under $450 (without any sales pricing), and used ones on the secondary market should be readily available for $300 to $350, depending on the condition of the unit.

The ratcheting mount can be a point-of-failure, both in terms of the mechanism as well as the multi-leveled "stack" that the optic body itself sits on above the base. However, such problems tend to show up early on in-use, and Aimpoint's excellent warranty services will take care of fixing it for you. Alternatively, several excellent aftermarket mounts exist on the market.

I'm sure that xdman will come back to verify/amend/add. :)
Sorry its been a while since I visited xdtalk, yes it is one of the Aimpoint pro’s. This one on this gun is Pro number 6 for me all in the provided mount. I never had any issues with them yet, but when they are on painted guns like this I am not purposely throwing them around or anything. Not that they don't get used, just not really abused.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts