Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new for 3 gun shoots and have probably 3000 rounds through it. I've heard the slide cracks. Should I look for anything else?

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
I bought this new for 3 gun shoots and have probably 3000 rounds through it. I've heard the slide cracks. Should I look for anything else?

What kind of competition allows ported guns? They are prohibited at the three ranges/clubs to which I belong. I have heard several stories about ported pistols cracking, but have not experienced that myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 3 gun shoots a long time ago had an unlimited class. To the point and answering the question, it's a .40 caliber.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
The 3 gun shoots a long time ago had an unlimited class. To the point and answering the question, it's a .40 caliber.

I have a ported .357 Magnum revolver, but no issues with cracking. I guess the restrictions on shooting ported guns is a local club policy. My one club is absolutely adamant about it.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I have a ported .357 Magnum revolver, but no issues with cracking. I guess the restrictions on shooting ported guns is a local club policy. My one club is absolutely adamant about it.
I doubt the slide on that revolver will ever crack.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I doubt the slide on that revolver will ever crack.
And I don't think you'll see cylinder timing problems on an XD.

For the OP, I have read (on this forum) that the ported slide, at least on the early models did have cracking problems. You say this is a new gun, perhaps Springfield has fixed things by now, if not, there is that lifetime warranty to fall back on.

How is the front sight holding up on that gun? I shot a rental XD40 Ported and the white dot on the front sight was obliterated.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yeah don't expect to be able to aim for very long with the ported barrel throwing powder everywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts