Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, after seeing the beautiful work that some have you done polishing your pistols (no sexual connotation there fellas'!! Keep it clean!!! LOL) I decided I would take the leap and polish mine. Mostly I did this for a minor rust problem.. for some reason removing the factory finish eliminates rusting problems?! I have not seen a spec of rust since I removed the bluing.

I am not very pleased with my work.. and I plan on sending the pistol in to Canyon Creek soon.. I just cant part with the pistol for four weeks.. It's gonna kill me to box this baby up.. but it needs a professional touch.

Anyway.. heres some pics.

Not perfect.. she's still pretty good looking, but I bet a pro could make her look really nice.

Raymond

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kind of reminds me of tonights episode of "Pimp My Ride"! Now you have the "BEFORE" pics...be sure to hit me with the "AFTER"!!! :p

Edited because wine & posting don't mix!

R

·
0 Posts
what did you use to polish the slide, I used jewlers rouge and a dremel on my barrel.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just used wet/dry sandpaper.. started with 600 grit, and worked my way up..

Fusion coat? I will have to look into that.. I will most certainly post pics when I get er' done.. The pistol works fine.. that's why It's going to kill me to send it away. Springfield offered to refinish it for me for free at one time, but I told them to kiss my butt! LOL.. I just don't want to be without the pistol for that long.

I think it is something I really need to do though. I have my trusty .38 to keep me safe until I get it back.. but it's not something I really want to do...

Raymond

·
Registered
40 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: Send it back to SA & tell 'em you put it in the dishwasher!!! That finish must of been a little "lite"...maybe they'll make it right! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts