Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a service XD45 that I've had several years and love. Today I ordered an XD40 sub that should be in Wednesday. To get brass I bought 500 rounds of Remington UMC to shoot then reload. I have shot 40's before but have never reloaded. I'd like to hear some suggestions on your reloads and any modifications you have done to your guns and whether you were happier after you did them. The only thing I have done to my XD45 is tritium night sights. Yea, I'd do it again. I'm having a 1911 worked on now, my first time with "custom" work being done. He also does XD's and if I'm happy I might just have to send him a gun to rework for me. While I like the look and feel of the XDM's I just couldn't plunk down another $100 for a match barrel. I love to shoot but in no way am a bullseye shooter. My XD shoots plenty well for any thing I do at my range and "Not being a Glock" lead bullets just ain't an issue.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I've put about 1500 rnds through mine with no issues.

The only thing I changed was put a pearce ext on the short mag.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
All my ccw xd's(3...9cs, 45c and 9 service) have nights sights and CT laser grips. That makes for a perfect combination if the lasers batteries go dead. Also ask at the shooting range if you can pick up the used brass for reload. It's free then.

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be good on brass when I shoot up some of the UMC ammo. I've reloaded quite a few different calibers, but never had a 40 before. I meant to ask what are your favorite pet loads for range time/competition or defense. My son has a Glock in 40 I bought him years ago, along with the dies but he never reloads. He's 21 and must be under the impression that I might do it in my spare time. I can't keep up with my needs/wants and desires so he just might be SOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts