Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Savage as stock as they come a few years ago, put a cheap little scope on it, and fired it that way for a while. Decided that I wanted to do it up, and do it up right.

Here's what I purchased for it, along with adjusting the accutrigger a bit.

Choate tactical stock
harris bi-pod
SWFA medium rings
EGW one piece base
Millett TRS-1 4x16-50 ill ret scope

I also purchased a stationary cheekrest from a Choate ultimate sniper in hopes that it would work, and it did. Just had to drill and tap the stock.

And a ton of Federal 168 gr match, to go with a bunch of 175 gr Federal match. Shoots like a DREAM now. The only problem I am having out of it is with where the Bi-pod attaches. The Choate tactical has a "channel" that runs the entire bottom side of the stock, and you can move the bi-pod forward or backward to your liking. I can pick a spot, and clamp it down till I almost make my fingers bleed, and after a few shots, it's loose as hell again, and moving all over. might just have to make it stay with some loctite.

Anyway, here's a pic from my crappy cell :D

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
pretty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up a Savage as stock as they come a few years ago, put a cheap little scope on it, and fired it that way for a while. Decided that I wanted to do it up, and do it up right.

Here's what I purchased for it, along with adjusting the accutrigger a bit.

Choate tactical stock
harris bi-pod
SWFA medium rings
EGW one piece base
Millett TRS-1 4x16-50 ill ret scope

I also purchased a stationary cheekrest from a Choate ultimate sniper in hopes that it would work, and it did. Just had to drill and tap the stock.

And a ton of Federal 168 gr match, to go with a bunch of 175 gr Federal match. Shoots like a DREAM now. The only problem I am having out of it is with where the Bi-pod attaches. The Choate tactical has a "channel" that runs the entire bottom side of the stock, and you can move the bi-pod forward or backward to your liking. I can pick a spot, and clamp it down till I almost make my fingers bleed, and after a few shots, it's loose as hell again, and moving all over. might just have to make it stay with some loctite.

Anyway, here's a pic from my crappy cell :D

I have nearly the same setup in mind, I bought the rifle with the Chaote stock already on it, it came with two cheek peices, and the only think I'm changing on your setup to mine is the scope and mounting system, going to do a mark 4 everything

4.5-15x50 TMR
Mark 4 bases and rings
harris bipod
Hornady TAP 168gr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts