Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I started with a 7.62x39 saiga sporter rifle. I picked this up for $350 at the gun show. A week later I have this, and I knew nothing about 922r or conversions or ak's when I started.

I got a conversion kit from carolina shooter supply that includes a tapco g2 fire control group, billet trigger guard, tapco t6 buttstock, tapco saw style grip, and a retaining plate. This was $136.

I also got a rubber buttstock cover for the t6 that was $19.

Tromix charging handle $22 (this is mostly cosmetic but I didn't like the feel of the stock charging handles and wanted something bigger.)

I got a bullet guide with a tapset for $20 also from carolina shooter.

I also got the tapco galil style handguard for $22.

My total for the build was $551 not including any magazines.

The tools I used were my table top drill press, a vice, a tap set, a self centering punch, a 3/16 drill bit, black high temp bbq spray paint, and a dremel with a diamond cut off wheel.

I was most scared about drilling the rivets out of the gun but that was actually the easiest part the rivets on the sides are really soft and easy to break, and the 3 on the bottom are easy to drill out from the inside. The hardest part was assembling the fire control group and getting the retaining pin in. It is tough to learn but once you do it a few times you get really good at it and end up knowing your rifle inside out.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Sweet.
Now remove the shroud and see if you have threads. You probably have a 50/50 shot. :)

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
Very well done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts