Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally was able to get out to run about 180 rounds through my new 10mm compact and all I got to say WOW.

Okay guys, bare with me because I'm not good at this video taken but the first video I shoot 100 rounds of the Blazer 180gr and it work out great.

This second video was nothing but JHP, it was some 180gr Underwood XTP, Critical Duty 175gr, Federal 200gr and some more of the Underwood 180gr. Let me know what you guys think this is my first time shooting this new 10mm so I didn't know what to think, I know that I could have done a little editing but it would have taken me some time. This is my best as far as setting everything up which the space was kind of small and it was just me.

Wood Toy Trigger Machine gun Table
Wood Table Toy Machine gun Flooring
Wood Rectangle Flooring Road surface Floor

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi,

Pictures look good but the videos are not public, can't see'em. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: M1ke and mojoman

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi,

The videos are there. Big ragged holes are fun! Nice work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: mojoman

·
Registered
XD 40, XDm 45 OSP, XDm Elite 9mm OSP, XDs Mod2 9mm
27 Posts
Nice!!! Been looking into getting one myself. How is the recoil, compared to another Springfield Armory XD line of guns you might have? Asking because I've never shot 10mm, but as my username implies, I love my XD40, which I hear is similar to the 10mm. Didn't appear to have any malfunctions or issues in the videos, am I correct it ran flawlessly for you that range trip? It also looks damn accurate, as all the XD-whatevers I've owned and shot have been, are you an above average shot, or a marksman or anything, or just an everyday average Joe who loves his 2A? Thank in advance, and hope you enjoy the XDm Elite OSP 10mm Compact 3.8" , as I hope I will one day soon as well add one to my ever-growing collection of Springfield Armory pistols!!!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!!! Been looking into getting one myself. How is the recoil, compared to another Springfield Armory XD line of guns you might have? Asking because I've never shot 10mm, but as my username implies, I love my XD40, which I hear is similar to the 10mm. Didn't appear to have any malfunctions or issues in the videos, am I correct it ran flawlessly for you that range trip? It also looks damn accurate, as all the XD-whatevers I've owned and shot have been, are you an above average shot, or a marksman or anything, or just an everyday average Joe who loves his 2A? Thank in advance, and hope you enjoy the XDm Elite OSP 10mm Compact 3.8" , as I hope I will one day soon as well add one to my ever-growing collection of Springfield Armory pistols!!!

Yeah if you have shot your .40 you can handle the 10mm and like any gun you have to have a good grip on it, the recoil is not back at all and yes it was flasslessly it ran like a top. I'm just an average joe who love our 2A, I spent 28 years in the military but I was only shooting long gun in the military though. I have been thinking about getting to XDM 9mm or the .45 acp but since I just bought this one I'm holding off for now. I will be going back out again soon and I should be a little better at it but thank you for your comment.

·
Registered
XD 40, XDm 45 OSP, XDm Elite 9mm OSP, XDs Mod2 9mm
27 Posts
Yeah if you have shot your .40 you can handle the 10mm and like any gun you have to have a good grip on it, the recoil is not back at all and yes it was flasslessly it ran like a top. I'm just an average joe who love our 2A, I spent 28 years in the military but I was only shooting long gun in the military though. I have been thinking about getting to XDM 9mm or the .45 acp but since I just bought this one I'm holding off for now. I will be going back out again soon and I should be a little better at it but thank you for your comment.
No, thank you for sharing your experience!!! If you have any questions about the XDm Elite 9mm OSP 4.5" or XDm 45ACP OSP 4.5", feel free to ask, I own both, as well as my XD40 Service 4" and an XDs mod2 9mm OSP 3.3". Ya, they released that 10mm 3.8" just in the knick of time, I was about to pick up a Hellcat, but the 10mm changed that, LoL.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice range report! Looks like a really nice shooter like the 9mm. Now I'm wondering if I should've waited for the 10mm haha.
Thank you sir, so what 9mm do you have?

No, thank you for sharing your experience!!! If you have any questions about the XDm Elite 9mm OSP 4.5" or XDm 45ACP OSP 4.5", feel free to ask, I own both, as well as my XD40 Service 4" and an XDs mod2 9mm OSP 3.3". Ya, they released that 10mm 3.8" just in the knick of time, I was about to pick up a Hellcat, but the 10mm changed that, LoL.
Thank you sir if you know how do you like the .45 acp I'm thinking about the .45 acp 3.8" or the 9mm I don't know I have a lot of .45 acp ammo?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I only watched a little of the video. Running short on time this morning. I saw the Boeing emblem and figure you were in Washington. I see now you’re in Lakewood. I am up the road in Auburn. I have the XDM Elite 9 4.5 inch as well as XD Mod 2 in 9 and 45 and a Hellcat. Until a few years ago I had only shot long guns and that was many years ago.
Which range were you at? I usually go up north to Bellevue indoor or Champion in Kent. I also make trips to the national forest when weather permits.
melt me know if you’d like a range partner to help with video.
Dave
USMC 89-94

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only watched a little of the video. Running short on time this morning. I saw the Boeing emblem and figure you were in Washington. I see now you’re in Lakewood. I am up the road in Auburn. I have the XDM Elite 9 4.5 inch as well as XD Mod 2 in 9 and 45 and a Hellcat. Until a few years ago I had only shot long guns and that was many years ago.
Which range were you at? I usually go up north to Bellevue indoor or Champion in Kent. I also make trips to the national forest when weather permits.
melt me know if you’d like a range partner to help with video.
Dave
USMC 89-94

Great yeah, I retired from Boeing with 35 years I have been retired since 2014 and loving it. I was at the Federal Way Gun Store in Federal Way I like going there I have bought a lot of firearm from them over the years and thank you for watching, it would be nice to have a gun partner and as you can see I could do much I have the camera on a tripod but yeah and yes I am in Lakewood. I see that you were in the USMC and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
XDM Elite 3.8 Compact in 9mm. So same as yours but chambered in 9mm.
Oh good, so how do you like it I seen one at the gun store the day I was at the range but I didn't had them to take it out because I was press for time but I will the next time? They had it for $589 I believe but not sure. I don't know if I can get the blue label discount because I'm retire military but is that a good price?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not been to the FWDG range yet. I recently found out Springfield has a Veterans program. The only store near us that is in the list is The Marksman in Puyallup. But it is a fairly significant discount.
Just let me know about the range. I can generally make it Friday to Sunday with about a weeks notice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh good, so how do you like it I seen one at the gun store the day I was at the range but I didn't had them to take it out because I was press for time but I will the next time? They had it for $589 I believe but not sure. I don't know if I can get the blue label discount because I'm retire military but is that a good price?
I think it's great. While relatively compact it's not my first choice for carry due to the thickness, but it's a real tack driver like your 10 mm. I would imagine that it probably shoots more or less like your 10 mm with maybe a little less or different felt recoil, but that's just due to the recoil characteristics of 10 mm vs 9 mm.

$589.00 seems good for the OSP version with the slide factory milled. That seems a bit high for the standard. On the other hand, I actually used to live near Lynnwood and it seems like prices ran a little bit higher there than where I live now, so that may be quite reasonable.

I also see that you're a Veteran. Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not been to the FWDG range yet. I recently found out Springfield has a Veterans program. The only store near us that is in the list is The Marksman in Puyallup. But it is a fairly significant discount.
Just let me know about the range. I can generally make it Friday to Sunday with about a weeks notice.

Great now that sound good, I was at the Marksman in Puyallup last week and they finally got in the Compact 10mm after I have been calling and driving all over the creation to find one so I went and order one from PSA and that was the only XDM that they had in there LEO/MILITARY gun cabinet.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it's great. While relatively compact it's not my first choice for carry due to the thickness, but it's a real tack driver like your 10 mm. I would imagine that it probably shoots more or less like your 10 mm with maybe a little less or different felt recoil, but that's just due to the recoil characteristics of 10 mm vs 9 mm.

$589.00 seems good for the OSP version with the slide factory milled. That seems a bit high for the standard. On the other hand, I actually used to live near Lynnwood and it seems like prices ran a little bit higher there than where I live now, so that may be quite reasonable.

I also see that you're a Veteran. Thank you for your service!
Okay and yeah that price is for the OSP, I do have all kind of gun for any situation that I find myself in, I have the Shield Plus, Sig P365, G43X the Shield .40/ .45 acp so yeah I have all kind. I might have to go back and handle that XDM 9mm but I really would like a .45 acp but that can change.

And thank you sir, I went in doing the Vetnam era war but all in all I did twenty-eight years in the Army.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised recently when I asked my local gun shop if they had the new XD 10mm compact, and they laid it on the counter. It followed me home! I just haven't had time to shoot it yet. Does anybody know where to get a few 11 round mags? thanks

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats! I try getting one or two more of the 11 rounds from the company but they are on backorder so I cancel that order and bought the 15 rounds mags.

When you buy the gun it will come with all kind of papers of course and in those paper they will give you a 20% discount of selected items so I selected on the 15 rounds mag for to keep in my truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have experience with the full size XDM, but not the compact. Can the pinky finger fit on the grip? The more I look into this compact 10mm, the more I like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts