Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my RRA LAR-15 which I use as my patrol rifle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice.

You can actually take the gun outside in Illinois? :p
Lucky for me, I work in Law Enforcement, so this is my patrol rifle! Hopefully the law-abiding citizens will get a chance to carry in the near future. Although with Rahm Emanuel as dictator, er I mean mayor of the People's Republic of Chicago, they have enough sway to keep the decent people from being able to defend themselves away from home.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice AR is that the EoTech 512? How do you like it? I'm tempted on getting it but i wasn't too sure if I like the size and rear button placement.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Lucky for me, I work in Law Enforcement, so this is my patrol rifle! Hopefully the law-abiding citizens will get a chance to carry in the near future. Although with Rahm Emanuel as dictator, er I mean mayor of the People's Republic of Chicago, they have enough sway to keep the decent people from being able to defend themselves away from home.
I have a neighbor in Fl. who is from S. Illinois and totally agrees with your Chicago sentiments. He is considering moving to Fl. full time and this is a factor in that decision. Eventually, gun restricted States may find their productive, law abiding populations leaving for more Second Amendment friendly States. As social unrest rises, so does the need for effective personal protection. Having policed in DC, I can tell you there was no shortage of armed criminals but practically zero armed citizens.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Finally, there's a no-nonsense work horse of a gun.

The only thing about it I wouldn't get along with is the rear sight being so close to the buttons for the eotech. Looks like it'd be pretty hard to turn it off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The set up works pretty good for me, the buttons in the rear aren't too much of an issue for me, I don't have huge fingers. If I'm not mistaken, there is a model with the buttons on the side. If I buy another EOTech, I will get the one with the buttons on the side. Once the EOTech is dialed in, it's pretty much dead nuts on. When I was deployed, we had the Aimpoint red dots on our M-4's but I would rather have the EOTech, but that's just me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The set up works pretty good for me, the buttons in the rear aren't too much of an issue for me, I don't have huge fingers. If I'm not mistaken, there is a model with the buttons on the side. If I buy another EOTech, I will get the one with the buttons on the side. Once the EOTech is dialed in, it's pretty much dead nuts on. When I was deployed, we had the Aimpoint red dots on our M-4's but I would rather have the EOTech, but that's just me.
My 516 has em on the side... Agree to I've used the Aimpoint before and just prefer the EoTech

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
NICE!! planning on my first, AR, when I get it, being an RRA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our department had an open range this weekend, so I finally got to qualify with my rifle for this year. I just got back from a year-long military deployment so I haven't shot the rifle in about a year and a half. I forgot how awesome RRA rifles are. I put about 200-250 rounds through it with no CLP on the BCA and had no malfunctions. The last time the rifle was last oiled about about a month before I left for deployment. It was nice to see that my EOTech held it's zero despite being bounced around in a soft case in the back of a squad car. I think for my next AR build I am going to use a RRA lower and trigger kit. RRA has the best triggers of any M-16A1, A2, or M-4 I have shot. The first M-16A1 I carried in the Army was built by General Motors and was stamped, "General Motors Corp: Hydramatic Division"!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tank, you rock dude! Thanks for your service. Good to see some positive posts on RRA. I could not be happier with mine, an awesome rifle. Mine's only about 2 months old, but have put about 1500 rounds thru her so far. Had one FTE, upgraded the ejector spring, put the same ammo thru and not a glitch since. I'm glad to hear how yours stood up after more than a year idle. If I was psycho, I'd sleep with it every night! Not psycho!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Our department had an open range this weekend, so I finally got to qualify with my rifle for this year. I just got back from a year-long military deployment so I haven't shot the rifle in about a year and a half. I forgot how awesome RRA rifles are. I put about 200-250 rounds through it with no CLP on the BCA and had no malfunctions. The last time the rifle was last oiled about about a month before I left for deployment. It was nice to see that my EOTech held it's zero despite being bounced around in a soft case in the back of a squad car. I think for my next AR build I am going to use a RRA lower and trigger kit. RRA has the best triggers of any M-16A1, A2, or M-4 I have shot. The first M-16A1 I carried in the Army was built by General Motors and was stamped, "General Motors Corp: Hydramatic Division"!

totally agree on the trigger, best out there for the money. and i would have tried to snatch that GM lower...hahaha would love to have a rifle stamped GM...just sounds funny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts