Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a little playing, I finally found a load that is perfect in my XD-9 Tactical. I have a 147grain JHP Zero bullet under 3.0 grains of TightGroup, with an OAL of 1.155. With this recipe I have a power factor of 130.

The gun cylces very smooth and the recoils is extremely light. I am really happy with this load. A special thanks to Steve Anderson for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Is that the same zero bullets from Alabama? I go there to pick up my reloading supplies good bunch of people.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
A buddy of mine just got a Dillon B-square for 45 ACP. I'm going to pick up a set of dies and plate to convert it over to 40S&W. I hope to use Berry bullets probably 180 or maybe 200 grain bullets. I going to first work up a load for Major for my XD-40 Tactical with Titegroup. I have seen a lot of good recomendations for Titegroup. I also will probably work up a Minor load after I finaly get my Limited-10 classification and try to get classified in production using my XD-40 Service.

Good luck shootin'
mcb

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R Dub said:
Scott. Are your running the factory spring or did you drop down some for those?
I am running a 16# spring in my Tactical. I bought the bullets from Angus at http://www.ghostholster.com/zero_SPECIAL.htm . Angus seems to have the best price aroud on this bullet.

I have not shot them for any sort of grouping, however I am sure they will be great.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I'm running about the same load using 147 West Coast copper and 3.2 Clays. Chrono'd about 134 average. Nice reliable bunny fart load.
Dropped in a 15lb spring and worked just fine with very little muzzle flip. Was using the 10 rd 9mm ProMags and converted 10 rd .40 mags with no problems. Had some FTF problems with the factory 15 rd mags, so went back up to 16 lb and solved the problem.

I was looking at that special the other night. Hard to beat. Just received 2000 rds of Berry 180 gr RN .40. Will probably order some from Angus within the next week. Very few are willing to ship using the USPS Priority flat rate.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R Dub said:
I'm running about the same load using 147 West Coast copper and 3.2 Clays. Chrono'd about 134 average. Nice reliable bunny fart load.
Dropped in a 15lb spring and worked just fine with very little muzzle flip. Was using the 10 rd 9mm ProMags and converted 10 rd .40 mags with no problems. Had some FTF problems with the factory 15 rd mags, so went back up to 16 lb and solved the problem.
It is odd. Anything less than a 16# spring and I found the XD to be unreliable. Are those round nose bullets?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Yep RN copper. Using the BarSto barrel.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
That basically the same load my friend uses for USPSA. Its a nice 147 gr. JHP.

I use zero's in my open and limited guns. accurate and the price is good.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Old School said:
After a little playing, I finally found a load that is perfect in my XD-9 Tactical. I have a 147grain JHP Zero bullet under 3.0 grains of TightGroup, with an OAL of 1.155. With this recipe I have a power factor of 130.

The gun cylces very smooth and the recoils is extremely light. I am really happy with this load. A special thanks to Steve Anderson for pointing me in the right direction.
Steve Anderson shoots an XD like no bodies buisness, very nice guy and more than willing to help anyone with questions. He shoots at the same local matches I shoot so Ive had the pleasure a few times of watching what the XD can do!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Old School said:
I am looking forward to shooting with Steve at the upcoming USPSA Sectional Match in Indiana. I will post some pics!
My wife and I were going to shoot that same match but unfortunately I will have to work :cry: . I work about 2-4 weekeds a year and one HAD to fall on the Indiana match!

As a side note, my wife is new to the shooting sport (new to shooting altogether) and I bought her an XD9 service. She is far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other. I am currently building her XD into an open class gun :lol: she will probably never reach above C class with it but it will help eliminate her sighting problems and let her focus more on her other skill ie: transitions, trigger control, etc... If I can get the people at EFK to get me a damn 4 1/2 ported barrel it would help. Her one big drawback will be having to shoot minor in open class. I found someone to make a comp for her gun but $$$$ and I already spent almost $400.00 just on a dot sight for it, plus mag extensions (thank you Scott). Ill show pictures of the gun when I get the sight on it, may take awhile to get a ported barrel though. So far I have the capacity up to 18+1. With a full comp I can load HOT and get her to major power so she can take advantage of the scoring.

Good luck to you!

PS. If you can get the barrel from them, Ill be glad to order it through you.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you needing a 9mm ported barrel for her XD-9 Service model? Just want to be sure. I have ported 9mm conversion barrels due in next week.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Old School said:
Are you needing a 9mm ported barrel for her XD-9 Service model? Just want to be sure. I have ported 9mm conversion barrels due in next week.
Yes, a 9mm ported barrel for a service, NOT a conversion barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts