• Orange

• Yellow

• Green

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen this another site and thought it was a good post.

Red - Staying home from work. Locked and loaded, ready to bug out or bunker down at a moments notice.

Orange - Everything is prepared for a bug out or bunker down. Supplies fully stocked and then some. All mags loaded. Keeping the vehicles full of gas. Checking frequently for reports of civil unrest. But going to work and living life as pretty much usual.

Yellow - Have some provisions. Have at least the STHF stuff loaded.

Green - I have guns and some ammo in a drawer somewhere.

·
Registered
337 Posts
during hurricane season, I stay ready at orange, I want to be first on the interstate, or it will be hunker down time!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm between yellow and orange. I don't keep check on news about civil unrest, but keep the mags all loaded and normally keep at least one vehicle full of fuel as well as fuel on hand for generator and tractor. We always keep plenty of food and fresh water in the house.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I, too, am between yellow and orange. I check the news for local civil unrest and crime, I have some stuff ready to go, and it shouldn't take more than 20 min to load anything else I would need. My only problem would be making room for it when my wife overpacks for our 1 year old.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That brings up a good question. Does anyone have a grab bag or bug bag for infants or toddelers??? I guess that might be pretty hard since the grow so fast!!!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I am probably closer to Yellow, trying to get everything set to move up to orange ...

I don't see things going downhill that fast out here in Colorado as I would living 1000 miles east ...

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I'm above a green but not a yellow. I would love to have more, but unfortunately I'm in a financial bind right now. When I have the money though...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I voted yellow, but I'm more of a "yellow minus." I know exactly where the emergency stuff is, I've talked with my wife about what to pack when I call and say, "Pack the gear." It'd be a 20 minute drive home from work, 10 minutes to load the car, and off we'd go. If we had extra time, we could probably add a few "comfort" items and if we had less time we could hold up in our home for 4-7 days. I'm definitely not checking the news constantly for signs of civil unrest.

joe

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm above a green but not a yellow. I would love to have more, but unfortunately I'm in a financial bind right now. When I have the money though...

I am in the exact same boat. I would like to be a solid Yellow, but alas, I hover somewhere above Green.

·
Registered
537 Posts
where you'd have to hit the road?
(Besides natural disasters)

And where would you go?:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
im in yellow right now...but as soon as I have the money I am going to be getting the ammo to get me up to orange...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was kind of wondering the same thing. What would be some examples besides natural disasters in which you would have to hit the road?
I always kind of planned on bunkering down here, but maybe I need to rethink it.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately there maybe many reason to bug out. During civil unrest, long term utilities cut off would definately throw your community in a state of panic, FEMA declairs Material Law which seize banks, utilities, fuel etc.. and then the natural disasters. During times of civil unrest, there will be riots and thieves running around (because they didn't prepare). Most people would like to bunker down in their homes and defend. Which can be good too, however, if you have a chance to get your family out of that mess and return when order has been restored, then you won't have to take shifts staying awake at night trying to protect your things. We ended buying a piece of property (5 acres)18 miles out of town where there is only two neighbors, wildlife (food), extra vehicle, generator, living quarters etc.. We also stock our home in case we cannot make it to the property. there is a lot of people who say they cannot buy all that food. Everytime you go shopping, pick up a couple of extra cans of food. Try to find something you can eat cold if lost your cooking source (dinty moore). Look at the date on the can some stuff you can having sitting for over a year!! As you get more, start pulling a couple of cans off the shelf and use it for a regulaer dinner, then replace. In most senerios, you would have a short amount of time to make a decision. If you are in a large city, such as LA or Dallas, you may not make it far enough, you may have to plan or trying to hold out where you are... In which case, I would preparing for a long tough battle.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I live off the beaten path here in NC, so I only have 1 neighbor and he is always watching the two homes constantly. Also to find us you would have to either wander off not knowing where you are going, or you would have to know the two homes here already exist. I am at condition yellow, I have my own generator, I have my own water well so I don't rely on city water, and I don't rely on city sewage either. I would be here to stay and bunker down if the SHTF.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts