Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first range trip with my XDM 9c. Gun shot great by the way.But didn't take long to figure out I have a bone to pick with the 19 round mag. I ran through 100 round in under half hour. So problem is I get charged per hour on range so I bought another box and finished them with time to spare. After my 3 free mags come I never pack 200 + round for a range trip. Below is target from 7yds.

$ForumRunner_20111007_203853.jpg

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
He He, I remember when I got my first XD(M), I darn near emptied a box of 50 rounds when I filled the two magazines. I shot one mag and then thought, crap, I am going to need some more ammo to fill these magazines back up. So now I don't go to the range with less than 200 rounds..... and I started reloading :)

Great shooting....

·
Registered
538 Posts
What I started doing was only loading 5 rounds at a time. I seemed to always rush through a fully loaded 19, having only 5 at a time forced me to slow down, and really focus on my shots.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good. Will try that my next range trip. Cut back on rounds fired and hope to increase accuracy.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have one handgun range that charges by the hour. I always load up all my mags BEFORE I get there and I have quite a few of them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I rarely load the mag fully...I tend to go with 3-5-10 rounds at a time, depending on targets.
I tend to do the same thing, most of the time Ill load 2-5-and 3 rounds. IDK if its for the same reason as you or not, but I like to do it so I can work on my re-loads with out blowing through 100$ worth of ammo in 20 mins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts