Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I wanted to start by saying I have been a member is this site for about three years, but I haven't posted very much. I started this thread to share with everyone a nightmare I had just prior to shipping off to Japan for two years. (Was unable to bring any firearms with me and knowing this is what caused my nightmare.) Before I left I was concealed carrying daily except at work since I was enlisted and couldn't bring my 40 xdm compact with me. I got so used to carrying that most times it would feel like it wasn't even on me. On my way up to Seattle one night I had this dream.

I was processing through the airport and some how managed to board the aircraft while still carrying concealed. I never noticed I had it on me until I landed in Japan. Upon discovering this fact I asked my sponsor what I should do. He told me to take it to the bank and they could ship it to an address back in the states. I thanked him and went to the back and calmly explained my situation. I was then arrested and booked in the jail on base.

Luckily like I said this was all just a bad dream and non of this ever took place. I did notice for the first month I was there I felt completely naked with it my weapon on me. I wonder if this was just a way of my mind worrying too much that I have become too accustomed to carrying add much as possible.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever had a dream similar where they brought their weapon in a place where it is not allowed and was caught with it. I'm looking forward to your responses.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Can't say that I have ever had a similar one. I don't really ever have any dreams either. I haven't for a long time, really.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have really unpleasant dreams often too. I try not to think about them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was unpleasant, but after I wake up, it is fun to look back and laugh to myself about how outrageous my dreams can be at times.

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
I have bad dreams every time I see this sob.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Not a dream, but coulda been a nightmare: I once took a wrong turn in Nogales, AZ and ended up in the line to cross into Mexico with my gun on....double-plus ungood. Lucky for me I had enough clearance to U-turn over the top of the divider.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would of been a nightmare. Reminds me of when I was being my friend for dinner and she had her kids with her. Her son wanted to ride in my convertible so I have him a ride. I then started to act scared and told him I was lost. This proceeded into me convincing him we crossed into mexico and we couldn't get back because he doesn't have an ID. Eventually he recognized where we were and he was a little upset with me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great! After reading this thread, a few nights later I dreamt I took my CCW to the airport with me. Funny thing was, I didn't discover it until I was at the gate. Decided to move it from my holster to my carry-on which is when someone saw me. I woke up thinking "well, that was a really stupid thing to do".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts