Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just curious of your opinions of the TAURUS PT-1911 45ACP? Think that this may be my next addition to my newly started collection of 1911's...well my second one...and not my last...:D Just curious about this gun and if anyone has shot or has input on it before I take the plunge again. Also, price wise...do you think 620.00 is fair? Seems a little on the steep side to me...but hey this 1911 thing is all brand new to me! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Looking more at the prices on these it seems that asking price on this one is right in the middle of the majority. Finding them from around 580.00 to pretty close to 700.00...

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

As always, thanks guys!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Never owned a Taurus 1911, but I've seen and handled a few. I've seen some variance in the fitting, most noticeably on the beavertail, on a few of em. Some looked good, some had rough gapping where the curve of the beavertail meets the frame. I'd just check it out really well first and make sure it wasn't one of the errant jobs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have one and it shoots just fine. The 620 price is about right. I'm sure it is sold for less in various places or online. Here's mine:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
fair price decent gun. Don't like the company but with this product you are getting what you paid for, has about the same odds as most other 1911 manufacturers out of the box. better odds of working by a slim margin and much better price tag than a kimber. Don't go execting it to run 100% enough to carry, fire your obligatory 500 rds first, and the odds are your going to be very happy.

personally for the money I would buy a citadel for that price range I think its a better deal, but its not nearly as pretty.

·
Premium Member
128,276 Posts
I love my Taurus PT1911SS. It runs flawlessly. IMO, it is far superior to the Citadel which I also have.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Kinda a fan of low end 1911's. My PT1911 has had a few issues but none that I couldn't fix myself. For the last 4K or so rounds it has been flawless; not one issue. It alternates with my other carry guns (now that I think about it; all my guns are carry guns) and I trust my life with it. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Got my pt 1911 a few weeks back and love it. Fit is really well. I have been super impressed with this gun so far no issues. It looks good, shoots good and feels good in the hand. I paid 5 even for mine but I got a buddy in the business.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never owned a Taurus 1911, but I've seen and handled a few. I've seen some variance in the fitting, most noticeably on the beavertail, on a few of em. Some looked good, some had rough gapping where the curve of the beavertail meets the frame. I'd just check it out really well first and make sure it wasn't one of the errant jobs.
Checking it out personally is not an option as I found this one on gunbroker. I have done business with the seller in the past and got quality items from him. What I will do is see if I can get him to send me additional pics...particularly of the area that you are talking about...

Thanks for the input everyone, it's looking like this 1911 is going to find it's way to my house, but will let you all know what I decide for sure! :D Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I have had mine since 2007. The only complaint I ever had is that the dovetail is a proprietary angle and I could not find a set of sights I likes. Novak now makes adjustable rear sights that fit. All I can say is that my PT1911 is the best shooting of my combat handguns. I don't carry it (accept for dress-up)because I don't like to switch between a thumb safety and the XD.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts