Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had some money burning a hole in my pocket and came home with an XDS yesterday. A local farm store had a one day only deal going on with whatever you can fit in a homer bucket you get 10% off. The catch was you had to purchase the $6 bucket also. They had a gun case full of 9 mils, 380s and 22s, and only three 45's, a Shield, an XDE and this XDS. Fondled the XDS and knew I had to have it. Tag said $429, but when the salesman rang it up with the discount it came to $338 $348. It even came with three mags. Since the store received them with the 6 round mags missing their sleeves, Springfield sent them new mags and they left the other in the box also. Can't wait to hit the range next week.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Automotive exterior Gun accessory

·
Registered
628 Posts
Had some money burning a hole in my pocket and came home with an XDS yesterday. A local farm store had a one day only deal going on with whatever you can fit in a homer bucket you get 10% off. The catch was you had to purchase the $6 bucket also. They had a gun case full of 9 mils, 380s and 22s, and only three 45's, a Shield, an XDE and this XDS. Fondled the XDS and knew I had to have it. Tag said $429, but when the salesman rang it up with the discount it came to $338. It even came with three mags. Since the store received them with the 6 round mags missing their sleeves, Springfield sent them new mags and they left the other in the box also. Can't wait to hit the range next week.

View attachment 847728
At that price you stole it 👍.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stand corrected, receipt says $348 not $338 but I'm still not complaining. Cleaned and lubed it earlier and I'm very impressed with the quality. The barrel finish is one of the best I've seen from any of my firearms as it's extremely smooth, both chamber and rifling. Mic'd it in several different places from chamber to muzzle and it's groove average is .4512" so it should be a pretty accurate shooter. Picture doesn't do justice to the barrel's excellent finish.

Eye Sky Automotive design Gas Art
Fixture Tints and shades Circle Stairs Darkness

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So, this kid is thoroughly impressed!

I never thought I'd find a carry 45 that would impress me like my M&P 45 Shield, but this XDS has done it, and then some!
Of the 200 rounds I fired through it, I had only 3 that jammed, and those were coated soft lead 230 round nose. The jams were 3-point where the soft lead was pushed into the hood which doesn't concern me at all. I hand ejected several after the first jam and noticed even after chambering fine that the nose had gouging from the hood. The 50 230 grain factory FMJs functioned perfectly as did 100 XTPs, both 185 and 230 grain. As for accuracy, I couldn't tell any difference between the factory rounds and the hand loaded XTP rounds, all were deadly accurate. Though I love the 230 grain XTPs with a max charge of Silhouette, I'm going to load some +P rounds with AA#7 to decide which I want to carry. I'm temped to go buy another XDS 45 since they had 8 left in stock.

All shots fired at 10 yards supported

Trigger Air gun Font Shotgun Gun barrel

Automotive tire Door Wood Air gun Shotgun

Window Gas Rectangle Metal Symmetry

Gas Air gun Gun barrel Technology Shotgun

·
Registered
100 Posts
So, this kid is thoroughly impressed!

I never thought I'd find a carry 45 that would impress me like my M&P 45 Shield, but this XDS has done it, and then some!
Of the 200 rounds I fired through it, I had only 3 that jammed, and those were coated soft lead 230 round nose. The jams were 3-point where the soft lead was pushed into the hood which doesn't concern me at all. I hand ejected several after the first jam and noticed even after chambering fine that the nose had gouging from the hood. The 50 230 grain factory FMJs functioned perfectly as did 100 XTPs, both 185 and 230 grain. As for accuracy, I couldn't tell any difference between the factory rounds and the hand loaded XTP rounds, all were deadly accurate. Though I love the 230 grain XTPs with a max charge of Silhouette, I'm going to load some +P rounds with AA#7 to decide which I want to carry. I'm temped to go buy another XDS 45 since they had 8 left in stock.

All shots fired at 10 yards supported

View attachment 847852

\

View attachment 847854
View attachment 847855

Really glad for you.
I've been saying for years how accurate this little .45 is. I have one of the first generation and it is my favorite ccw.
When I first bought it, it went down to my range to shoot some steel at 10 yds. Attached is the photo of that very first round. Blew me away.......

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
(y)(y) I too was impressed with the first one I shot. A friend let me try his and I couldn’t believe how accurate it was for a small gun. I was shooting at a milk jug at 25 yds and put 5 rounds in the circle on the side of the jug. Couldn’t believe it. And yes, SA does a fine job on their barrels. All of mine are very smooth and polished and very rarely lead. Clean up is a breeze. You might try seating those RN lead a little deeper or a little longer to see if that helps with feeding. Oh yeah, congrats on the good deal! Now go get the rest of them and give me one.:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Had some money burning a hole in my pocket and came home with an XDS yesterday. A local farm store had a one day only deal going on with whatever you can fit in a homer bucket you get 10% off. The catch was you had to purchase the $6 bucket also. They had a gun case full of 9 mils, 380s and 22s, and only three 45's, a Shield, an XDE and this XDS. Fondled the XDS and knew I had to have it. Tag said $429, but when the salesman rang it up with the discount it came to $338 $348. It even came with three mags. Since the store received them with the 6 round mags missing their sleeves, Springfield sent them new mags and they left the other in the box also. Can't wait to hit the range next week.

View attachment 847728
I picked up an XDE in .45, got it on Gun Broker for 529.00 but tax, shipping, transfer fee it came to 609.00 shipping was fast, ordered it on a Tuesday morning and got it the next day in the afternoon. but business was only 90 miles away. it came in a canvas type case not like my first XDE which came in a hard case. since I got it I've added some trijicon hd night sights and Hogue grips
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
346 Posts
$348.00 -- that is an outstanding price for such a great gun. It is my EDC , it shoots great, easy to carry and I really like it in 45 acp.. I have been shooting 200gr lswc seating them at 1.25 - never a failure.

Reactions: Trapperjohn1975
1 - 20 of 21 Posts