Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to shoot the bad boy
very accurate 45acp , does have some muzzle flip, but is to be expected
on such a small 45acp. carry's well and shoots lot better then expected

now for Another xd :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same setup....and feel the same way. My favorite pistol. Congrats!

·
Registered
56 Posts
got to shoot the bad boy
very accurate 45acp , does have some muzzle flip, but is to be expected
on such a small 45acp. carry's well and shoots lot better then expected

now for Another xd :)
Got my XDs45 a year ago. I like having 45acp firepower in such a light compact piece.

And...

Semper Fi Gunny

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yes, it does pack a pretty good punch when firing at the range. I like it, and it conceals well but it's not a firearm I would shoot all day at the range.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I handled my xds45 at the LGS. I loved it so much in my hand I gave up carrying my g27 and Taurus 738. Sold the Taurus and gave the wife the g27. I can sort of understand when people say it kicks. But I don't think is is bad. I weighs the same as a g30 with the same number of rounds, but carries so much better. I like the trigger but I'm considering the PRP trigger. I'd love an extended slide release but the are very proud of them.

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the brevity and typos. 8^)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats, currently toying with the idea of picking one of these up but in 9mm. These really feel great in the hand.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well I have a recalled model I sent back in Feb of this year and it was returned 5-6 weeks later.

I noticed the missing roll pin as well, yet I love my XDs!

If it was affected by the recall please do yourself a favor and send it in.

You accomplish two things this way.

1. You have met your side of the bargain for a safe pistol. Piece of mind for yourself as well as others shooting with or around you is important! Remember SAFETY!

2. If you. Plan on carrying this best to be sure it is retrofitted appropriately. Your safety while carrying, as well as if you need to deploy the weapon is of the upmost importance! No need having an attorney rip you apart should if you need to use the weapon in self defense whether it malfunctions or not. It can be used against your character that you are not a safe responsible party.

Just a few thoughts....

I placed mine in the safe until the lag time cooled off several months ago. I was not going to carry it until it had been modified by the factory. I had over 3k rounds thru it with no issues, but still the serial number said it need the retrofit. I carried the M&P9c till I had it back from SA and had run several hundred rounds thru it. I got a 7 round mag from them for the inconvenience and chose not to carry that. It had several failures to feed and I had none with the 5 rounders.

It is again my weapon of choice for concealed carry. SAFE, ACCURATE AND DEPENDABLE!

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Congrats, currently toying with the idea of picking one of these up but in 9mm. These really feel great in the hand.
I have the XDs45 and recently bought the 9mm also in 3.3. They are both a lot of fun !

I bought the XDs9 instead of the Glock 30sf I had been looking to purchase. It just made more sense to me since I can share the holsters, etc between the two pistols.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my hands on 3 consecutively numbers XDs's today.

One is mine...one for my son and one for my daughter.

45 cal 4 inch

Will be Cerekoting 2 of them later and will post pics when done.

Doug

·
Registered
154 Posts
Love the XDs .45. Just added some Talon grips yesterday. With over two inches of rain today there was no chance to go to the range and try them out. I do like how they feel just gripping the gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts