Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to shoot my friend's XDs .45 today, that I had been thinking about buying for a while. Very impressive! I honestly expected the recoil to be much worse, given the size and caliber of the pistol. My little S&W 442 with standard .38 special ammo has more felt recoil in my opinion than the XDs. I'm relatively new to shooting, so I'm not that great a shot - but for me, this gun allowed me to be pretty accurate. And what's not to like about a semi-pocketable FORTY-FIVE!

Anyway, I think I just bought my first gun made by SA... :D

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your "first" gun made by SA - I'm sure it won't be your last!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have recently gotten a XDS 45, and I love it. The recoil surprised me........was not nearly as much as I expected. Very accurate, and now my wife want to trade off her SCCY 9mm and get a XDS 9. I never thought she would get rid of her SCCY........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally got a chance to shoot my friend's XDs .45 today, that I had been thinking about buying for a while. Very impressive! I honestly expected the recoil to be much worse, given the size and caliber of the pistol. My little S&W 442 with standard .38 special ammo has more felt recoil in my opinion than the XDs. I'm relatively new to shooting, so I'm not that great a shot - but for me, this gun allowed me to be pretty accurate. And what's not to like about a semi-pocketable FORTY-FIVE!

Anyway, I think I just bought my first gun made by SA... :D
3.3 or 4.0

·
Banned
0 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts