Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations! I was considering doing one more SSE before the deadline but no one had what I wanted. I did get a 9MM XDS on SSE so at least I have an XDS!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't even know about SSE until late November. And now the door is just about closed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seriously?
Just to have an XDs you go and geld it?
Why not just play a video game?
I shakes my head and wonder why I even wasted my time looking up SSE.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Wow. That's sad. Seeing that makes me realize how good I have it. Congratulations on your gun. I hope one day you can enjoy the same freedom I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for messing with you a bit.
My XDs has everything original that comes with anyone else' XDs. The conversion is necessary to sell. Does not mean it stays like that. Hence the loophole closing on the first of the year.
BTW.
I've only field stripped so far and the feed ramp is polished beyond anything you would ever see in a production gun. The bottom of the slide where it resets the trigger looks stoned (very nice). Even the ramp on the locking block is polished. It all looks hand finished. I hope the trigger set is just as nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seriously?
Just to have an XDs you go and geld it?
Why not just play a video game?
I shakes my head and wonder why I even wasted my time looking up SSE.

Naw. Once it's sold, it goes back to stock. It only has to be SSE for a FFL to sell it. Once it's yours, it's just like any other pistol. It can be sold to a private party in stock form and even put on your CCW with no problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for enlightening me, nedro. I had no idea such a screwy law existed anywhere. I'm so fortunate to be living outside of CA. I don't even have to specify what I'll be carrying with my CCW. How utterly sad.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow are you kidding me? That is how you have to buy a XDs in CA? Is it truly a single shot? What the hell is the point of a subcompact handgun with that clown barrel? How lucky I am to live in the great state of FL where I can own & carry anything I please.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wow are you kidding me? That is how you have to buy a XDs in CA? Is it truly a single shot? What the hell is the point of a subcompact handgun with that clown barrel? How lucky I am to live in the great state of FL where I can own & carry anything I please.
That's only the way it is sold from a dealer, once you own it you can revert it back to original configuration. But, that exemption is going away soon. Yeah, screwy laws in CA make the rest of us appreciate the freedoms we enjoy in our own states all the more.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's only the way it is sold from a dealer, once you own it you can revert it back to original configuration. But, that exemption is going away soon. Yeah, screwy laws in CA make the rest of us appreciate the freedoms we enjoy in our own states all the more.
Yeah, I did a quick search and see that incredible CA exemption is going away. Given all the bans, restrictions, licensing, registration, rationing, ect in addition to some of the highest taxes in the country, can't believe so many gun owners would live in that Nazi state.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
When I lived there, mine looked the same except the barrel was stainless. Ten minutes after taking possession, after the mandatory 10 day wait, it was in its stock configuration.

Crazy law. Crazy state. So glad to be living here where you can drive to the range with an unlocked gun case and obtain a CHL without having to "contribute" to your county sheriff's re-election campaign.

Congrats to the OP for your new gun, and adding to the stats that make your stupid politicians' heads explode.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Congrats, I quess, but that is messed up! Do yoursef a favor and get out of that place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good advice, I used to live in miserable RI. Horrible winters, endless sky-high taxes & cost of living, broken up roads & asinine gun laws, including "may issue" CCW. No thanks, moved to Florida, best thing I ever did !!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
California is second in gun sales in the entire Country. Only Texas buys more. Do you realize that even the gun manufacturers love California and its hand gun roster? Think about it.
As a company, you sell guns. You will sell 1 million units. What is more profitable for a manufacturing company?
100,000 units each of ten items?
Or 10,000 units each of 100 items?
Lets face it, California is paying for all of your new gun's R&D. So don't knock it, it is to your advantage. Me on the other hand, I hate it!
Another thing about California compared to most (I said Most, not all) of the Country is that my children have an unlimited opportunity in life as to what they want to be.
In most of the country, you are limited to being a government employee, be it law enforcement, local government or the military. Unless, of course, you happen to be born into the very few rich families in whatever small town you happen to grow up in. The other alternative is simply living poor or marrying into the rich family. This opens the door to your little girl being abused by said rich kids.
Besides, I don't think anyone would be unhappy with the collection of firearms I have so far.
So no, the bad does not even come into play when considering all the good California has to offer.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
In most of the country, you are limited to being a government employee, be it law enforcement, local government or the military. Unless, of course, you happen to be born into the very few rich families in whatever small town you happen to grow up in. The other alternative is simply living poor or marrying into the rich family.
Odd, I'm not a government employee, I wasn't born into a rich family, I didn't marry into a rich family, and I'm not living poor. Far from it, I'm living quite comfortably in the small-ish town I choose to live in, far enough away from the bigger cities that I don't have the hassles associated with them, yet close enough to take advantage of the benefits. California is nowhere near the only place you can "make good" without the privileges you mention.

So no, the bad does not even come into play when considering all the good California has to offer.
Personally, I prefer freedom over the apparently comfortable tyranny California and similar states offer. But that's what makes America great. Choices.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Odd, I'm not a government employee, I wasn't born into a rich family, I didn't marry into a rich family, and I'm not living poor. Far from it, I'm living quite comfortably in the small-ish town I choose to live in, far enough away from the bigger cities that I don't have the hassles associated with them, yet close enough to take advantage of the benefits. California is nowhere near the only place you can "make good" without the privileges you mention.

Personally, I prefer freedom over the apparently comfortable tyranny California and similar states offer. But that's what makes America great. Choices.

Plus we don't have a shortage of water. 8)

Californians Set to Drink Their Own Urine amid Statewide Water Problems - Breitbart

California "Kool-Aid" :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
California is second in gun sales in the entire Country. Only Texas buys more. Do you realize that even the gun manufacturers love California and its hand gun roster? Think about it.
As a company, you sell guns. You will sell 1 million units. What is more profitable for a manufacturing company?
100,000 units each of ten items?
Or 10,000 units each of 100 items?
Lets face it, California is paying for all of your new gun's R&D. So don't knock it, it is to your advantage. Me on the other hand, I hate it!
Another thing about California compared to most (I said Most, not all) of the Country is that my children have an unlimited opportunity in life as to what they want to be.
In most of the country, you are limited to being a government employee, be it law enforcement, local government or the military. Unless, of course, you happen to be born into the very few rich families in whatever small town you happen to grow up in. The other alternative is simply living poor or marrying into the rich family. This opens the door to your little girl being abused by said rich kids.
Besides, I don't think anyone would be unhappy with the collection of firearms I have so far.
Don't know where you are getting your employment/life information. Florida has been one of the biggest overall job producers since the recession "officially" ended. Plenty of job opportunity outside the few fields you mention.
And speaking of working - you WILL work much longer in CA than FL due to the endless taxes, housing prices, cost of living, ect. And you also directly foot the bill for 100's of thousand of illegals in your schools allowed by your liberal misguided bureaucrats.

And all I know is you give up alot of your 2nd amendment rights to live in CA. Whatever collection you have is registered or licensed or bullet buttoned or whatever hell else those whack jobs in Sacramento think up. You are ripe for confiscation some day.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts