Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I purchased an XDm 9mm last week and finally got a chance to shoot it tonight. My range report is really simple....WOW! I took it along with my G17 for a side by side comparison. The XDm out shot the Glock 17 hands down. I have a trigger job and Trijicons on the Glock and even with a light trigger and a short reset the XDm out shot it. I am not sure if its the grip, barrel or what but the XDm is a shooter! I now have a new favorite 9mm pistol. I see a OD frame in my very very near future.

The pic of the target was my first 19 rounds out of the gun at 25 feet. It can shoot that is for sure! A guy next to me was shooting a new XDm 40 and he really liked his gun as well. His target looked like a shotgun so he really had no idea what he was doing but he did like it. The only odd thing I noticed is when loading mags and the 5th round or so is in the mag they will pretty much just fall out of the mag. Once a couple of more rounds are in the magazine they become tight again. I am hoping that it will not cause an malfunctions when shooting but I had zero problems. The gun ran 100% shooting wolf military classic 115 grain FMJ. I did notice the mag rattle that some have reported but I have some Glock mags that do that as well. Like I said above so far it is my new favorite 9mm. I sure hope they come out with an XDm 45acp and it uses the standard 13 round XD mags.

I sure have enjoyed this site so far.

PS best part is I paid $569 for it plus the 2 free mag deal!

David

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice. I have an XD9 and I love it. I chose it over the G17. I was going to buy the G17 until a friend of mine suggested XD9. I rented both at the range to try them out. The XD9 felt better in my hand and I shot tighter groups. I don't think they will approve the XDM out here in Cali. We're barely aloud to own guns let alone shoot them. :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. I have an XD9 and I love it. I chose it over the G17. I was going to buy the G17 until a friend of mine suggested XD9. I rented both at the range to try them out. The XD9 felt better in my hand and I shot tighter groups. I don't think they will approve the XDM out here in Cali. We're barely aloud to own guns let alone shoot them. :(
I work for a company out in Anaheim. I hope I never have to move to Cali for work. If I do I will be buying a condo out in Pahrump NV to keep all of my toys. I am a Diamond life member at FrontSight so at least I would have a place to shoot them hehe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice indeed. I just purchased the XD(M) 9mm as well, but haven't shot it yet. Hopefully it will go as nicely for me when I do. I am jealous though I thought I got a screaming deal on the all black for $569 plus 5% off. Oh well it still is a great first pistol purchase that I couldn't be happier about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! I'm thinking about getting an XDM. I just don't know if I want a 40 or a 9mm... I need something cheaper to shoot other than my SA 1911-A1 Mil-Spec.:p

~J~

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where from, if I may ask? Online somewhere?

Cabelas. They have a promotion until around next week that any purchase over $500 receives $100 off your purchase plus no interest for 12 months. Cabelas also has the OD cases which are pretty cool!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! I'm thinking about getting an XDM. I just don't know if I want a 40 or a 9mm... I need something cheaper to shoot other than my SA 1911-A1 Mil-Spec.:p

~J~

Well I would buy the 9mm. In all reality with good ammo the 9mm will and does anything a 40 cal can do. You also are not really saving anything shooting a 40 over a 45acp but 9mm is much cheaper.

Dave

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice! I have a bi-tone XDM9 also and this gun is just one fantastic shooter!

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Nice toy! And, nice shooting! :p

How do you like the grips? Can you compare it to any other XD's? I have an XD9 and XD40 tactical.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I loved it. I put a 150 rounds made up of 4 diff types of ammo and not a problem. I did notice that the gun shoots low not high as advertised. I may just have a heavy trigger finger but I don’t shoot high with my other pistols so I'll blame the gun. Once I learned that it was low I was shooting tight groups the rest of the night. At 15yds I can put all 19 in the head as fast as I can pull the trigger and at 25yds I can keep them all in the body. That I can’t do with my other guns.
Great gun I am in love.
The ammo was AE 115gr, Blazer 124gr and Fiocchi 147gr all FMJ. I wanted to shoot a mix to see how the gun did with different loads and how different makes did. The Fiocchi was by far the best, tightest groups and the cleanest of the three. The 115 and 124 were about the same as far as grouping but the Blazer was the dirtiest. The cases were almost black when they came out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice toy! And, nice shooting! :p

How do you like the grips? Can you compare it to any other XD's? I have an XD9 and XD40 tactical.
Well I have not handled a XD9 or 40 in so long I am not the guy to answer that for you. I do have the XD45 and with the M I like it with the largest back strap. So I tend to like a bigger grip but with that said I hate the G21 and can not get my hand around it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts