Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I suppose this thread is better late than never. Traded in my Walther PK380 for a Springfield XD-9 Subcompact after using a buddy's XDM. I'm about 13 years late in the XD club, but I'm extremely happy with the build quality and performance of this pistol. Not that the PK380 was bad, it just didn't stack up to the XD---no pun intended.

Anyway, I just got it last Friday and within a week I've bought some accessories after reading the board recommendations.

Mods so far:
PRP X-Treme Rubberized Grips (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Pearce PGXD Pinky Extension
Copper nail polish DIY color fill

I'm looking to add a laser sight soon, but am so indecisive because they all seem so decent. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

kypix

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
That's my EDC. Mine carries a Pearce +1 mag extension, a set of TruGlo TFO sights, and a PRP Ultimate Match trigger kit. Totally awesome!

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
image.jpg
Ended up going with a green laser/light rail add on. It's the iprotec rm60lsg. Awesome green laser, very bright light. Taking it to the range tomorrow to test durability and consistency!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Very nice! I own the xd 40 SC and it's my daily carry. The recoil of this 40 is tamed so well!! Love the feel of it! I would say you made out well. The pk380 is great for target like a glock 42 but of you have a gun that big for carry you might as well be carrying a 9 mm or 40 cal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice purchase! Interested in how you are planning on carrying that? Custom holster.....
Thanks---I don't have a CC license, so this particular setup I won't be carrying at the moment.

And where did you get the pierce grip and textured grip? That looks nice!
Got the Pearce extended on eBay for $8.50 shipped. The rubber grips are from Powder River Precision---around $17 shipped, and I cut the extender grips myself with scissors from the excess rubber they shipped with the cutout template.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
. . . The rubber grips are from Powder River Precision . . .
PRP should use your photo. They make a handsome grip, but you would never know from looking at the photo on their site.

kypix

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Got one myself. Congrats and welcome aboard.

Looking to conceal that hog leg? The PK380 does a better job of it. ;-) But what you have now gets down to real bizness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank for checking it out everyone. It is indeed a solid pistol, and I've now put about 300 rounds though it and the laser/light combo.

PRP should use your photo. They make a handsome grip, but you would never know from looking at the photo on their site.

kypix
Thanks. I really love the aesthetics and fine cuts of their grip, since all of the other rubberized sticker-grips seem to be the same to me.
Got one myself. Congrats and welcome aboard.

Looking to conceal that hog leg? The PK380 does a better job of it. ;-) But what you have now gets down to real bizness.
It is a pretty bulky setup, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm not currently carrying this one. It's my nightstand gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts