Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought perhaps this may be of interest. I have had my xd9 service for over a month and a half. still no break in the rain and having read some posts about rust issues, I decided to FINALLY break it in.. sunshine or no.
put 200 rounds of WWB through it in what was for the majority of the time a heavy rain. It shot great with no malfunctions. The XD was completely soaked, so was I lol. I decided to leave it wet in the holster for the rest of the day to see if any trace of rust would develop. When it was finally dry there was not any hint of rust. Of course that in itself proves nothing because each pistol and circumstances are different. The other side is the finish is still in new condition mostly. perhaps after more wear, rust may develop easier. In any case thats the story and I am VERY pleased with my XD it shoots great, looks good, and feels good in the hand. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
glad you think so too, and keep us posted if rust developes and what you do to remedy it....i would suggest that you wipe the gun and apply a coat of protectant to it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would suggest that you wipe the gun and apply a coat of protectant to it
Normally I am quite anal about the cleanliness of my firearms. I would have cleaned the XD within an hour or so of returning home. But, curiousity about reported rust issues i have read of in other posts, prompted me to run my own little test. I will post if anything develops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts