Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am going to get slammed for this one but I just got an xd40 service model. I am having some accuacy problems. I swear that I am not a novice shooter but I am willing to admit that it could be me and I just suck at shooting this gun. I just want to know if anyone else is having these problems. Please let me know. The gun seems to be shooting low(very low)

·
Registered
53 Posts
How far are you shooting from? Are you useing a bench?

I too am a new XD-40T owner and last wed was the 1st time I was able to shoot it. EVERYTHING was low and left from about 10 feet. I am going out this weekend and going to use a rest and see if it is me (most likely) or the gun.

So a question for all, are the stock sights adjustable if I find it's 1/2 me and 1/2 the gun?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It's probably you. :)

Get someone else to shoot it, see how they do.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It's probably you. When I changed over from a S&W 9mm to my new XD it took me a few weeks to get used to the grip and trigger. I was shooting low and to the right. I'm a lefty so that would be low and to the left for right handed. Too much trigger squeeze and too hard of a grip.

http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/correction_chart.gif

·
Registered
53 Posts
agalindo said:
It's probably you. When I changed over from a S&W 9mm to my new XD it took me a few weeks to get used to the grip and trigger. I was shooting low and to the right. I'm a lefty so that would be low and to the left for right handed. Too much trigger squeeze and too hard of a grip.

http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/correction_chart.gif
That link does not seem to work......but google did!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feed back! We will find out tonight if this is just me or something else(I know probably me) thanks again!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Subscribed just for the picture.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Work on your grip at home, and also dry fire it while working on your grip. Strive for a slow and constant trigger pull. You can also check your grip in the mirror. Always, more practice at the range will increase your accuracy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts