Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last post was what gun should I get. I had won 2 other guns at a local gun bash and I made a decision I ordered an XD 40 ported V-10. I figured it would be easier for my wife to shoot than the regular 40 but who am I kidding I just wanted it. This is my first 40 caliber and I was wondering what ammo everybody thinks is the best to put through it. And since I know everyone has shot these more than me I figured you would be the best people to ask.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Winchester White Box value packs at wal-mart for 15.97

·
Registered
437 Posts
First off, if you have never shot a 40 in a ported barrel, you might want to rent one and make sure that is what you want. :shock: There are many discussions about ported pistols, so try a search.

I have always used 165 gr JHP for defensive rounds and then 165 gr FMJ for range. Winchester SXT and Federal Hydra Shoks for defense and UMC for practice if you need brands.

Good luck on your decisions. Go with a 40 though that way you have the option for the 9mm barrel. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Winchester SXT is a great defense round IF it is not the SXT Supreme. The SXT supreme...noted with 9 pedals as compared to 6 will not fully expand.

Here's the difference between the two.
The RA40TA 165gr is on the left and the SXT S40 180gr is on the right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts