Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a week of not getting to shoot it, I was able to get my Subby 40 out and shoot it. Wow!, was I surprised. While I know that my Kimber will out shoot the Subby, I actually shoot the Subby better than the Kimber.

So without further ado, my SA-XD .40 OD Subby!

Here's a picture of it next to my mom's Ruger SP101 w/ Hogue grips for a size comparison.

And here's the plate that I shot. This was the first time I shot it, and I'm impressed with its performance and mine. My later groups weren't as impressive, but then again, I was also rapid firing, firing one handed and off-handed, basically doing reliability tests.

And oh yeah, my Dad got ahold of the plate before I could get a picture of it and drew the face on it. The ones outside the face were the first and last rounds out of the mag (flyers). The others just happened to make a happy face. I guess that was just my happiness transferring into my grouping :)

Final Thoughts: It needs a Service or Tactical big brother to match it. I LOVE this gun. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know what you mean I just shot my subby last weekend (XD-9) for the first time and I was very impressed with how much of a nice gun for the money. Also going to follow him up with a service or tact.

happy shoting

OD-XD

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Nice looking pistol, you have something that is still special even at this board a 40 sub and od green to boot.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ajamesp51 said:
Nice looking pistol, you have something that is still special even at this board a 40 sub and od green to boot.
i hunted for almost 2 months for this particular gun; every local gun shop, leaving my number with them, gunbroker, auctionarms; then just as i was about to give up hope and get a regular black xd40, i stumbled across this one, the only sc xd40 od on auctionarms. "bought it now" as fast as i could -- it was exactly the one i wanted.

of all the guns i own, including my kimber, it's the only one i feel "the connection" with...that makes me sound like a wierdo, doesn't it?

anyway, thanks for the compliment. the subby appreciates it too :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spent months looking for a .40 sub that was all black. were the od harder to find or something? (this was when the .40 sub was new last year)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SwitchbladeJ said:
I am still waiting on my 40SC in OD to come in at the gun shop. Looks beautiful, I am jealous. Hopefully soon.
be patient. getting what you actually want is well worth the wait.

Rich4444 said:
I spent months looking for a .40 sub that was all black. were the od harder to find or something? (this was when the .40 sub was new last year)
i'm not really sure how hard the 40sc's are to find. i do know that that one i bought was the only od 40sc i've ever seen. i saw one xd9 sc in od at a gunshow once though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is such a nice looking pistol! I love the od green in the subby! I actually ordered mine originally in od green and after 3 weeks of waiting around I found out that the gun store that I placed the order with had not even ordered it yet. So I took my money back and went to another place in town who said they didn't have the od but could get the subby in all black in about 2 days. So I said lets do it! I also like the grip extensions. I would like to get a .40 tactical one day in od green! Congrats on the new gun! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts