Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally decided on a rifle and here it is; pictures attached. Its a Stag Arms model 1 carbine, 5.56mm, with T-marked flattop receiver and removable carry handle.

Today I shot it for the first time and the only problem that I encountered is that I had a lot of trouble looking through the iron sights inside that dim building...particularly trying to center the front sight in the ghost ring...I could barely make out the ghost ring. Has anyone else had that trouble or am I getting old?

The gun functioned flawlessly but I did find myself shooting about 3-4 inches to low; that could be because of it only being a 25 yard (indoor) range. I went there just to get familiar with the gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new AR...I hope she serves you well...:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I visited the indoor range again today and adjusted my iron sights according to the Santose method. I'm still having way to much trouble seeing my target inside that dark building; but my bullets are hitting where they need to now...within an inch or two of the bullseye on a human-sized sillouete at roughly 25 yards. So if I did this correctly, then my POA and POI (using the smaller rear aperature) should be rather close at 25y, 50y, 100y, 150y, and 200y. Not that I can see that far.

I think my next steps will involve shooting at a longer (outdoor) range, so I can fine tune the iron sights a little more. I dont think I can visit that dark indoor range anymore until I upgrade my 0-2 rear aperature and front post to a set of Tru-Glo.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a Stag 2T, if you are useing a peep sight, concentrate on the front sight and let the rear peep blur. I had a hard time adjusting to mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts