Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beast! I absolutely love this rifle. I will be adding the Vltor AR platform soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Nice!! I want one of those so bad...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Me too. Just can't afford the price tag right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some people just know how to ruin my weekend, now I again want one, execpt the wife is blocking the door!

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
As soon as I win the lottery I am going to buy one! ;)

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Awesome! What mags are you running in it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very nice indeed, I'm undecided which way to go either a SOCOM 16 or a FAL. Since a have the Scout Squad I don't want to second guess the purchase if I get another M1A.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, it's a joy to shoot. What a difference between the two. I'm running CMI's for mags.

·
Registered
287 Posts
congrats on the purchase it looks great. Funny i was just looking at those online today.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Very nice indeed, I'm undecided which way to go either a SOCOM 16 or a FAL. Since a have the Scout Squad I don't want to second guess the purchase if I get another M1A.
Just my opinion, but since you already have the Scout, I'd go with the FAL.

When I was picking out my M1A, I thought I wanted the Socom....Until I held it.
That whole rail system felt kinda "Chunky & Funky"....it does look pretty BadAzzed though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just my opinion, but since you already have the Scout, I'd go with the FAL.

When I was picking out my M1A, I thought I wanted the Socom....Until I held it.
That whole rail system felt kinda "Chunky & Funky"....it does look pretty BadAzzed though.
In all honesty, when I first picked one up at the gun store two years ago I was turned off by the weight, it was THE only concern. Since owning it and handling it as much as I do it seems to get lighter and lighter as time goes on. Muscle memory maybe? Either way, this thing is, for lack of a better word(s) is so bada$$. The weight is of no concern.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I gotta get it out of my system & get the SOCOM, if everything goes well I'll get the FAL after Christmas.
Btw I'm referring to the 16 not the SOCOM II, I know it looks better but those rails makes it so much heavy to handle.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been mulling the purchase of the SOCOM II in Urban Camo... Almost can't deny it, but best price I have seen is 2300 around my area. Please tell me how much you love it. It would really help me justify it in my head.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have been mulling the purchase of the SOCOM II in Urban Camo... Almost can't deny it, but best price I have seen is 2300 around my area. Please tell me how much you love it. It would really help me justify it in my head.
Do you want to throw away $1700? No? Then get the $2,300 SOCOM II. A SOCOM 16 is about $1,680 out the door, that is just about the same gun as the SOCOM II so that is your other option. BUT you may forever look at it and wish you got the gun you really wanted hence you will have wasted $1,700 for a gun that wasn't what you really wanted.

It's another $600 but you will have EXACTLY what you wanted. When was the last time you got that? How much would you have to spend to get your dream car? 70, 80, 150,000 dollars?! And here for a mere $2,300 you will have your dream gun for the rest of your life.

As long as you aren't going into debt to buy it, do it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I will be adding a Vltor stock soon, I'll post as soon as I get it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts