Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I do all right for 125? All numbers matching except the carved number in the stock :D

A Factory 26 production 'rinco...

They are still out there, you just got to hunt for them, this still had the issue "lipstick" tube cleaning kit in the stock :D, just missing the cleaning rod

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Holy crap...awesome price!

Thats a Chinese military SKS, isn't it? A later 60s one with the spike bayonet. Mine is an early 60s version with the blade. Chinese military SKSs were as good as the Russian SKS, if you ask me. There have not been any Chinese SKSs brought into the USA in a very long time....it will only go up in value.

If it has a decent bore (most Chinese had chrome lined) it ought to be a great shooter.

Nice find...I would have snapped that one up, too!

- brickboy240

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I'm just excited to see someone found one that's not a Yugo with the stupid grenade launcher.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap...awesome price!

Thats a Chinese military SKS, isn't it? A later 60s one with the spike bayonet. Mine is an early 60s version with the blade. Chinese military SKSs were as good as the Russian SKS, if you ask me. There have not been any Chinese SKSs brought into the USA in a very long time....it will only go up in value.

If it has a decent bore (most Chinese had chrome lined) it ought to be a great shooter.

Nice find...I would have snapped that one up, too!

- brickboy240
You sir know your SKS's lol... being a factory 26, the serial dates it as either a 67 or 68 model. she has a few places outside that had a spot or two of surface rust, the bore however is chrome lined and immaculate. It was too good of a deal to let pass by. I have let a couple slip away in the 200 -225 price range. I had found before the election, about 6 norincos for 175.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent purchase....I'd have given up to $250 for it! I'm really digging the stock, its mil issue also.
yeah, the stock is mil issue, all the numbers match except for the stock... even the bolt :D And they are not electro-stenciled but stamped :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I'm just excited to see someone found one that's not a Yugo with the stupid grenade launcher.

i like my stupid grenade launcher. now if i could just find some stupid grenades.. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Which kind do want, not for sale, but I have 2 German (1 sold to me as a Yugo type 59!) , Romanian, Polish (actually Russian w/ Polish stamps), Russian, Sino-Soviet, Chinese (type 56, a 5.56, a stamped version, an M and a D), Yugoslavian (59 and 59/66), Albanian (finally) , N. Korean, and most of a crusty Vietnamese rifle (rotten stock, pitted barrel and receiver with top cover only, got it a lot of 'junk' gun parts from a folding gun shop)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Did I do all right for 125? All numbers matching except the carved number in the stock :D

A Factory 26 production 'rinco...

They are still out there, you just got to hunt for them, this still had the issue "lipstick" tube cleaning kit in the stock :D, just missing the cleaning rod
SWEET!!!! you did good.congrads.
pete

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
sweet, good price,i have a factory 26 norinco, a bit nicer than that, no rust, darker park, and 3 stocks, but for $125 thats a flipping steal.

my dad liked mine so much when i was a kid and bought it, he went and bought 5 sks, he has two 1950s russians, and they look nicer, the wood is red, and the park even darker than my norinco, but i dont think the trigger is any better, or they shoot any nicer.`

with the prices out there right now, $200 wouldnt have been robbery. What was the detail? was this private party and they guy needed money yesterday

·
Registered
410 Posts
<--- (Green with envy)

I never find great deals like that! Good job!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Your Chinese military SKS is very much like my Factory 316 Vietnam bringback. Milled receiver, chrome lined bore and probably a pinned barrel. Every bit the quality of the much valued Russian SKS rifles. Mine is an early 60s version with the Soviet styled blade bayonet. I am not sure when the Chinese went from the blade to the spike bayonet, but I think it was in 64-66.

My guess is that your SKS will shoot as good or better than the Russian SKSs. You absolutely stole it at that price. I would have easily paid 250 for that SKS. Remember...NO Chinese firearms have been brought into the USA since about 1994, so everything Chinese will only go up in value from here on out. Those Chinese military issued SKSs were better quality than the 80s Norinco made SKS, if you ask me.

Enjoy it!

- brickboy240

1 - 15 of 15 Posts