Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...got it today. Part of a promotion, $779 plus $20 shipping, NIB. Joins my two other Sig 226's, my TacOps and Navy. Has two items I prefer, night sights and SRT (reach and reset). The grips look good and feel great IMO as well.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Nice family of Sigs you have there. I keep looking at the 226 police trade-ins on CDNN longingly. One of these days I guess I'll have to buy one.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Nice buy. I recently bought my first Sig and have been very impressed. I can see one or two more in my future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soooo....is it just a tac ops with different grips?

The Sig models got confusing the past few years...
It's a 226 with Hogue G10 grips, night sights, front cocking serrations and SRT but not a TacOps. Simply a variation of the 226. The TacOps has fiber optic front sights, the magwell grips to house the 20 round mags that come with the gun (comes with four 20 round mags), front serrations, SRT.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I missed the magwell and the glare in the pick hides the front sight until you pointed it out...

Go give a good ringing out now!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a few more Sig handguns, the 220 Elite Dark, 320c and M11A1D. The M11A1D is probably the sweetest shooter of them all, just a great little gun to shoot.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
You're The Lord of Sig's Bunk. Nice gun at a great price.

Speaking of 226 grips, you can get G10's from Hogue with the magwell built in for any 226. I have a set on my X5 and they're great.

Reactions: bunk22

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're The Lord of Sig's Bunk. Nice gun at a great price.

Speaking of 226 grips, you can get G10's from Hogue with the magwell built in for any 226. I have a set on my X5 and they're great.
I like that, love the Tacops grips!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, this gun shot great today, 200 rounds of various loads, 115/147gr FMJ and 115/147gr JHP. Great relief as my last Glock, my expensive Larry Vickers Glock 19 was a huge lemon, my Sig 227 had issues...though the issues didn't start till 700 rounds down the pipe with the 227. For less than $800 for a new Sig, I'll take it.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the new 226 today. Can you tell me what were the problems with the G-19? I've wanted that Vickers model for a while. Thanks.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Have a few more Sig handguns, the 220 Elite Dark, 320c and M11A1D. The M11A1D is probably the sweetest shooter of them all, just a great little gun to shoot.

Nice lineup! I have a couple M11A1s, one of them Desert. I use them for EDC in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I also have a P226 Mk-25, which is pretty much the same as your Navy. It's at the bedside with a Mec-gar 20rd mag for HD.
Gotta admit, that P320 is looking good, and the P220 10mm sounds interesting.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought another Sig, my second M11A1 but this one in black with a TB. It was a great price on Gunbroker, $820 out the door. Probably my favorite Sig handgun.

My LAV G19 went bye-bye as stock Glock parts, aftermarket parts, couldn't fix it. A total lemon but I found a buyer, purchased as is. Just bought a new G41 actually...and a DDM4Vt and a PTR-91 :) Still down range in Afghanistan as well, helping certain folks meet virgins.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
congrats. I like it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts