Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of my new SBR. It's a BCM and I'll post the specs ahead of the pictures. I used the eForm system to file my Form 1 and created a trust. It's the way to go. Took 31 business days to get my Form 1 to be approved and to receive my tax stamp. I also bought a suppressor for it, but the Form 4 is going take considerably longer to be approved.

BCM SBR
11.5” Barrel Upper Receiver Group w/Daniel Defense RISII (Dark Earth)

BCM Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Lower
BCMGunfighter Mod3 Charging Handle with Large Latch
BCMGunfighter Vertical Grip
Magpul Rail Covers
BCM BUIS (Troy) (front and rear)
BCMGunfighter Pistol Grip

Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) Trigger
BCMGunfighter Stock

Aimpoint T-1 on Larue QD (High Mount)

And here's a video look:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks good. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Here is a pic of my new SBR. It's a BCM and I'll post the specs ahead of the pictures. I used the eForm system to file my Form 1 and created a trust. It's the way to go. Took 31 business days to get my Form 1 to be approved and to receive my tax stamp. I also bought a suppressor for it, but the Form 4 is going take considerably longer to be approved.

BCM SBR
11.5” Barrel Upper Receiver Group w/Daniel Defense RISII (Dark Earth)

BCM Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Lower
BCMGunfighter Mod3 Charging Handle with Large Latch
BCMGunfighter Vertical Grip
Magpul Rail Covers
BCM BUIS (Troy) (front and rear)
BCMGunfighter Pistol Grip

Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) Trigger
BCMGunfighter Stock

Aimpoint T-1 on Larue QD (High Mount)

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Looks very good. Is the twist 1X7? Reason I ask is that some can makers will not warrant their products with a 11.5" barrel with a 1x9 or slower. Baffle strike potential. HB of CJ (old coot) still here for now.

We are very happy with Elite Irons stuff. Scientifically tested Db drop and all that stuff. Full auto rated, disassembles, all the stuff is available as replacements. Stainless steel. Very expensive.

EliteIron High Quality Suppressors

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I mean my grammar wasn't the best, but all I said was that I hated the rail. Sheesh.... Nice AR, just not my style of furniture.

Turns out you're not my style of member either @Jeedia, so **** off.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Too much Wa whacky weed????

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Nice rifle! I'm new to AR's but I just read a good article on SBR's in AR-15 magazine. It sounds like its a lot of paper work, waiting, and a test of patience but I would take one!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re the SBR ATF process....

Both on M4Carbine.net and ar15.com you will find a thread started by a member who provides excellent, detailed explanations on every step in filling out the online Form 1, which is the way to go. I highly recommend you check that out if you intend to go that route.

Creating your own trust is also the way to go in order to avoid having to have your local police department's involvement, with fingerprinting and approvals from them, etc etc.

The trust route is more pricey, to be sure, you have to pay to have the trust created for you. I used Guntrustlawyer, he's on the Internet.

The wait time for the eForm 1 process has been drastically reduced from months to around 30 *working/business* days. Form 4 times are still running around four to six months.

I opted for the genuine SBR route rather than the "pistol" route because I wanted a true SBR and didn't want to mess with the "braces" that are a work-around the ATF regulations which may well change on a whim.

At this point, I'm waiting for my Surefire SOCOM 5.56 suppressor to clear the ATF. The thing is actually sitting at a local gunshop in its "holding cell."

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Cool beans!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks very good. Is the twist 1X7? Reason I ask is that some can makers will not warrant their products with a 11.5" barrel with a 1x9 or slower. Baffle strike potential.

Thanks for your comment. I could not tell if it was a commercial for EliteIron or a comment on my post. :)

I'm unfamiliar with warranty issues concerning a 11.5" barrel and a less than1:9 twist rate.

Surefire has no such limitation in their product warranties.

Further, if in fact suppressors were not warranted for anything lower than 1:9 that would rule out basically many mil-spec SBRs which are run with 11.5" or 10.5" barrels with twist rates of 1:7.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just added a video to the OP.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Further, if in fact suppressors were not warranted for anything lower than 1:9 that would rule out basically many mil-spec SBRs which are run with 11.5" or 10.5" barrels with twist rates of 1:7.
I believe HB of CJ (old coot) said 1:9 and slower, which would mean 1:9, 1:10, 1:12, etc... higher number equals "slower" twist.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts