Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a RCBS 750 Digital scale yesterday because I also comes with check weights. Most of the reviews I read were good or in favor of this scale too. So I calibrated it and zeroed it too. I warmed it up also as I read some say to do with digital scales. I checked it along with my new Dillon beam scale and they are right on. Even the penny of 46gn that was sent to me was right on. So now I think I have a winner.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I bought a RCBS 750 Digital scale yesterday because I also comes with check weights. Most of the reviews I read were good or in favor of this scale too. So I calibrated it and zeroed it too. I warmed it up also as I read some say to do with digital scales. I checked it along with my new Dillon beam scale and they are right on. Even the penny of 46gn that was sent to me was right on. So now I think I have a winner.
Did you get it from midway? They have it on sale for $109.99.

don

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
It gets good reviews from everyone that uses it. I rank it right there w/ the Dillon. You have enough scales now, get to reloading.;)

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Congratulations! It's always fun to buy new toys.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I was a little leery when I first got a RCBS electronic scale it was an older model and I got it for $20 but my doubts were was short lived. It has proven to be vary accurate and dependable and I'm sure yours will be too.Congratson the new toy,

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It gets good reviews from everyone that uses it. I rank it right there w/ the Dillon. You have enough scales now, get to reloading.;)
I will now I have to get all the rest of the dies set right on the press. That Dillon and RCBS digital scale are right on with that penny you sent me. So thanks for doing that for me. Out of all the pistols that you have shot what's the nicest 9mm? I was looking at them today and I liked the M&P 9mm S&W and the Beretta 9mm. Also looked at Glock 17 and CZ 75 Phantom.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I can't stand the Beretta, way too big for a 9mm IMO. Nicest is kind of subjective. I am not a big GLock fan, but own several, The Sig is a great pistol, either a full size P226 or smaller P228/P229, pricey though. The M&P are ok, I also like the XD for a plastic gun. The CZ re very nice guns, great ergonomics. The old BHP is still a good one too if you want a single action.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I traded my Glock 19 0n a XDM 45. If I was smart I would forget about getting a 9mm but I'm not. I'll try a Sig when I find one though. I think the M&P9 SW is best bang for the buck. I think they wanted $519.00 at the range I was at.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I traded my Glock 19 0n a XDM 45. If I was smart I would forget about getting a 9mm but I'm not. I'll try a Sig when I find one though. I think the M&P9 SW is best bang for the buck. I think they wanted $519.00 at the range I was at.
The SIg is certainly Porche mat'l. in todays $$, but a hell of a nice gun. I think they are a tiny bit fragile compared to a GLock or XD, but realyl accurate, good shooting guns. My SHTF gun is a G17, I know it will work, even if I do not shoot it the best. Good enough, just not as good as say my 1911, my other SHTF gun because I shoot it that mcuh better than anything else. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is there a reason no body mention Kimber? I mean if we are talking $$ Kimber is right up there. Some salesman at Cabela's told me that was the best one he had or shot.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
So is there a reason no body mention Kimber? I mean if we are talking $$ Kimber is right up there. Some salesman at Cabela's told me that was the best one he had or shot.
Kimber got a bad rep a few years ago when they tired external extractors. I have shot several diff models, they have all been reliable & accurate. There is a lot of hype out about 1911s, Kimber being terrible is mostly hype.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kimber got a bad rep a few years ago when they tired external extractors. I have shot several diff models, they have all been reliable & accurate. There is a lot of hype out about 1911s, Kimber being terrible is mostly hype.
Wow everybody around here likes them and I have never herd a bad rap about them. In fact they act like it's the only .45 to own. If you don't have one you got crap is the way they want you to think.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Wow everybody around here likes them and I have never herd a bad rap about them. In fact they act like it's the only .45 to own. If you don't have one you got crap is the way they want you to think.
Yeah, go to the 1911 section & ask, lots of diff opinions. I have never seen a bad one, maybe 6 diff ones I have shot, all sizes, all ran fine, good accuracy, but they did have a short spell where they did not get the ext extractor right & guys complained about malfunctioning guns. I just never saw it. My EDC is a S&W 1911PD, external extractor, has never baubled once in some 2000rds w/ all kinds of ammo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well good I don't think I can afford one but they are nice to look at. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I broke down and bought the RCBS charge master, dispenses and has the digital scale with it. Man is it nice. just punch in the load amount I want dispensed and it is kicked out in 15 sec. On the button everytime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts