Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the local forum deals. Just picked up this baby with a rebuild kit, extra recoil springs, etc. Also came with an unopened box of Federal HST's. This is one of the nicest Century P6's I have ever seen. The rails on both the slide and the frame are in better shape than my Navy 226 before I parted with it. It is an 11/79 production. Got it all cleaned up and Greased with Mil-Comm last night. "I love my Sig P225's".

Oh, sorry Yocan. The guy lived down the road, and I beat ya to it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
i got mine from sog a month ago. paid the extra 10 bucks for hand select. it looked like it had been in a war with holster wear. and it only came with one mag. but i still like it. thinking i might hard chrome it just for crap and giggles.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Holy crap...that P6 is absolutely pristine! Most I see have some or alot of holster wear and some have that awful PW Arms stamp on the frame. That one is nearly new...and an earlier version. Hang onto it..it WILL go up in value.

Still...I have never seen another Swiss made P225 like mine on this board. They're fairly rare, but I am sure somebody has one.

All of the pistols in the P225 lineup are really nice and great shooters..aren't they? I am also becoming a big fan of my newly acquired W. German P228...another great early SIG.

Currently, I am trying to think of a reason not to buy one of Summit's 425 dollar P220s to go in my line-up. A steal for a pistol of such quality.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brickboy. That center pistol in my picture on the bottom is my 228. Absolutely COVET that gun!!

I wish this P6 didn't have that Century Arms mark, as I despise CAI, but I can live with it given the condition and price.

You should dive on one of those 220's!!!!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Currently, I am trying to think of a reason not to buy one of Summit's 425 dollar P220s to go in my line-up. A steal for a pistol of such quality.

- brickboy240
You and me both! I've been wanting a W. German P220 for 2 years now, but it'll be after christmas (maybe even after Feb.) before I can hunt for one. Been waiting for the site to update on Summit's website to order it (still says "Out for now, 40 more coming).

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Nice P6 !!!

I have seen some awesome condition P6's out there. And quite a few guys on Sig Forum have picked up NIB P6's as the luck of the draw in hand picks !!!

If I could only be so lucky.

But for now this is my baby.

This is the first P6 I bought ( its now gone though :( )

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
If anyone finds a great deal on one let me know. I just tried one for the first time last week, and it was the best fitting to my hand pistol I've ever held.

*sniffle*

Buying one off of AIM makes me nervous, I don't know what quality I'd get.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Buy one from CDNN.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
If anyone finds a great deal on one let me know. I just tried one for the first time last week, and it was the best fitting to my hand pistol I've ever held.

*sniffle*

Buying one off of AIM makes me nervous, I don't know what quality I'd get.

Since your local you could always come out and look at one of mine ;)

Centerfire Systems might still have the Sig Forum deal going, check the website. I ordered 3 of them a few weeks ago. Just waiting on them to come in.

Todd

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Holy crap...that P6 is absolutely pristine!
It is, isn't it?

You remember my buddy's P6 I PM'd you about a few weeks ago?

His is in the same condition :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I must say. I know personal opinions are very subjective, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if you can find a P6, similar to this one, for sub-$300, it is the best value in a handgun, anywhere. Period. End of conversation. Hands down. I might even say that at the $350 to $400 mark.

P225\P6's are predicatably reliable. Very accurate. Ergonomically pleasing to most people, unless your hands look like a gang of bananas. They are safe. The decocker is awesome. The triggers are very nice for a stock gun, Sig pro-shop can make them AWESOME!! They carry nicely. They are German engineered. Easy to strip. Easy to clean. Need I say more?

I have yet to meet the guy that hates a P6, if they spend any time at all with one.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I agree! I never knew that I'd get that jazzed about ANY single stack 9mm but my Swiss beauty is a joy to shoot and very accurate.

I am thinking about ordering one of Summit Gun Broker's P6s...they look very nice. Anyone ordered one from them? For 280 bucks...thats a steal for a pistol of this quality.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I agree! I never knew that I'd get that jazzed about ANY single stack 9mm but my Swiss beauty is a joy to shoot and very accurate.

I am thinking about ordering one of Summit Gun Broker's P6s...they look very nice. Anyone ordered one from them? For 280 bucks...thats a steal for a pistol of this quality.

- brickboy240
Oh gee!! I never thought you would be the first to agree with me! :mrgreen:

And you can quit rubbing that "Swiss beauty" in my face. I have been biting my lip for over a year about that gun. I have wanted to make fun of it, just because I don't own it. You know how when we were kids, the neighbor would get a cool BMX, but instead you called it junk or a sissy bike? That's how I feel about your "Swiss Mistress". LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
now children play nice, Chris made the final comments that pushed me over the edge on the P6s, I must say I am glad he did, and brick you said it, it is amazing how jazzed one can get over a single stack 9mm

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The odd thing about my Swiss P225 is that the shop that I bought it from (for 425 bucks) had the thing for almost a year. It had been marked down and marked down....hop owner said "hell, nobody wants an 8 shot 9mm with a heel mag release." I finally took it home. At the time - it just appealed to me and I had no clue how uncommon they were.

(Swiss P225s were made at the Hammerli plant and only made for police use...no civvy sales at all)

Every now and then I do see a Swiss made P225 come up on Gun Broker...but it goes fast.

The same gunshop also had a Swiss made P220 in 9mm. Went back to snag it a month later, but it was gone.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
The odd thing about my Swiss P225 is that the shop that I bought it from (for 425 bucks) had the thing for almost a year. It had been marked down and marked down....hop owner said "hell, nobody wants an 8 shot 9mm with a heel mag release." I finally took it home. At the time - it just appealed to me and I had no clue how uncommon they were.

(Swiss P225s were made at the Hammerli plant and only made for police use...no civvy sales at all)

Every now and then I do see a Swiss made P225 come up on Gun Broker...but it goes fast.

The same gunshop also had a Swiss made P220 in 9mm. Went back to snag it a month later, but it was gone.

- brickboy240
There is a Heel mag release 220 in 9mm by me for $469 in decent shape. Its at a Gander Mountain. If your interested I ll get you the # of the store.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts