Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Blackhawk CQC from James and I love it. It fits snug to my side even with the paddle (maybe because I'm a big guy). It has the Serpa lock and works like a charm. Easy to holster and easy to draw. I also can't say enough about James. He didn't have the holster in stock and still had it to me in 2 days!!! I highly reccommend him to all.

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the .40 also and they only make one for all 3 XD's!! Mine sits in there just fine. Really not sure at the moment how much "excess holster" is there but i'll check tomorrow for ya!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Syberstarseven
Sorry for the delay in your reply! I only have the 40 and 45 in 4" but i believe it will work just fine. I think you would have just a small amount of room at the bottom of the barrell. My 4" sits just inside the bottom.

Believe it or not my 45 moves aroubd a bit like what I hear about with the 9MM.

Anyway I would reccommend this holster to anyone with a 40.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay, just guessing then, I would think that there would not be alot of excess for the Sub. I suppose it could be cut if it bothered me that bad but generally I am not into modifications unless necessary. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Size differences. I ordered a holster from comp-tac this week over the internet. The owner calls me up. He said he had to verify if the holster was for the xd 40 or xd 9. says for some reason the 2 guns don't fit the same in the holster. He said he will make a change on his web sight to note the difference. Oh I recieved the holster yesterday. Only 4 days.
Comp-tac makes great holsters, I have several. Check them out.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
The Blackhawk looks nice. Another one folks may want to look at is the Desantis Tuck-it holster. I've got one for XD9 SC and it works great and comes with a side pouch for a second magazine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both are Carbon Fiber. One is Black Matte finish and the other is Carbon Fiber finish (I believe a sticker). I got the Carbon Fiber finish and love it!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
BTW, just in case someone is interested. The Handguns magazine (last month, this month?) which featured the XD torture test had a nice section and comparison of XD holsters. The rated them on speed, comfort and concealability. It lists manufacturer contacts and has a nice table of features, cost and other info.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts