Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received my ACE-1 holster today and it's a beautiful piece. $67 shipped to door, ordered last Friday.

I also concealed carry in Target and other stores ;) no printing at all.

Just thought I would share....thanks for stopping in.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
The first time is always a little awkward. You're unsure of yourself, maybe a little self-conscious. You want to tell everyone but at the same time you can't, you can't let anyone know. You may fumble around with your clothes a bit trying to keep everything adjusted and in the right place...

...wait, what were we talking about?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The first time is always a little awkward. You're unsure of yourself, maybe a little self-conscious. You want to tell everyone but at the same time you can't, you can't let anyone know. You may fumble around with your clothes a bit trying to keep everything adjusted and in the right place...

...wait, what were we talking about?
Congrats!

You will learn not everyone can see the outline of your gun and not every movement flashes it.
You will learn not everyone is pointing at you - "He's got a gun!"
You will learn that the more you wear it, the more comfortable you will be with it. If you have a truly GOOD holster/belt combo, you will hardly notice it.
You will learn to "dress around the gun". Dark colors and patterns are your friend, as are loose-fitting shirts.
You will learn to not tug on the hem of your shirt every 5 minutes to assure yourself you're still concealed.
You will learn to stop constantly adjusting the holster. In fact, if the holster/belt is the proper fit, you won't need to.
You will learn to stop touching the butt with your elbow just to assure yourself that it's still in place.
You will learn to give a little extra clearance on your carry side.
You will learn to reach overhead with your weak-side hand.
You will learn to stoop or kneel rather than bend.
You will learn to move through crowds with your strong side to the rear.
You will learn to embrace low, to force your counterpart's arms/hands up, away from your piece.

In short, you will learn.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Congrats!

You will learn not everyone can see the outline of your gun and not every movement flashes it.
You will learn that the more you wear it, the more comfortable you will be with it. If you have a truly GOOD holster/belt combo, you will hardly notice it.
You will learn to "dress around the gun". Dark colors and patterns are your friend, as are loose-fitting shirts.
You will learn to not tug on the hem of your shirt every 5 minutes to assure yourself you're still concealed.
You will learn to stop constantly adjusting the holster. In fact, if the holster/belt is the proper fit, you won't need to.
You will learn to stop touching the butt with your elbow just to assure yourself that it's still in place.
You will learn to embrace low, to force your counterpart's arms/hands up, away from your piece.

I knew this post would appear sooner or later... :) A lot of good information for newbies to the CCW lifestyle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats!

^simple yet, great advice.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Cherry Carry I believe it has been referred to (borrowed term...) well done...the trick is to keep carrying and dress around the gun...sounds like you are on the right pathway...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats n like others have said it gets easier as you go. But it is a great feeling! I've carried long enough now that it feels completely unnatural if I am not carryin.
What may I ask is your carry gun? Didn't see that mentioned ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats n like others have said it gets easier as you go. But it is a great feeling! I've carried long enough now that it feels completely unnatural if I am not carryin.
What may I ask is your carry gun? Didn't see that mentioned ?

Thanks. It's my XDS 45...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok great. I have the xds 9. As my summer carry most of the time. Love thoose lil guns!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts