Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks back I picked up an XD9 subcompact from the local gun store. I paid a little more than I should have, but I wanted it then and there, and it was the XD Gear package deal with the full-cap mag/sleeve and FOBU-style roto-holster. I wanted something smaller for conceal carry, my Walther P99 just wasn't cutting it.

This weekend I finally got to break her in. 500rds of WWB and then another 150rds of Speer Gold Dot, and I have found my new carry sidearm. I'm pleased with the accuracy from the 3" barrel, and found recoil wasn't too bad with the small frame. My hands are small enough that I can actually hold the grip with my three lower fingers without discomfort. Although I miss my Walther's ergonomics, the more I shoot the P99 the more it hurts my fingers (it seems the recoil can be felt through the trigger and it begins to hurt my index finger after awhile).

I even had a chance to try out an HK USP Compact, and I liked my XD better. Maybe I'm just weird, or maybe the XD just fits my hands perfectly, I don't know, but I certain don't regret my purchase.

Now I just have to wait until Friday so I can place and order for a Milt Sparks VM2 holster.

Proud to be a new member of the HS2000 forums. Thanks, Lloyd.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Welcome Lloyd,I too love my XDSC.I had an HKc but it didnt feel nearly as good as the XDs.Enjoy and read up,lots of good info and people here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts