Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I pick up for my retirement so I'm going with it.

I love it and it wear pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Congrats on your retirement... I hope to experience it one day lol.

That's a nice rig. The 10mm is a cannon! Never shot a 29, but if it shoots as well as the 20 it is a keeper for sure.

PS: I would love to see a range report when you have a chance...

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Nice cannon. What is your carry load?

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Wow, I am impressed!

I had a guy wanting to trade his G29 for one of my guns and it was a good trade value wise for me and I wanted a 10mm, so we met and I shot his G29 and passed. HEAVY recoil.

If you can handle the recoil though it's a heck of a cannon.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
It's probably not bad with some 135's. For social work, I might opt for that to try to lessen penetration.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I like the 175gr Silvertips in my G29 as a carry load.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Congrats, mojoman, on the G29 & gear, as well as your retirement.

One of the really great things about the 10mm if you take up handloading is that any .40 S&W defense load can be reproduced when bullets are available like the Gold Dot, Golden Saber, whatever you like, in a 10mm case while at pressure a good deal lower than the 35,000 PSI rating for the .40 S&W or full power 10mm loads where the pressure Max is 37,500 PSI. Obviously, recoil will be lighter as well. I'm not much of a Glock fan, but if I owned one in 10mm, that would be my personal practice.

There are some pretty good .40 S&W defense loads available that you could replicate in the 10mm like REM's 165 gr. Golden Saber load rated 1150 FPS and you always have the option to use a "medium velocity" 10mm load like JoeOU1 mentioned with the 175 gr. SilverTip.

Plus, handloading would be an enjoyable way to spend some of your retirement time. ;)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Hand cannon!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats on your retirement... I hope to experience it one day lol.

That's a nice rig. The 10mm is a cannon! Never shot a 29, but if it shoots as well as the 20 it is a keeper for sure.

PS: I would love to see a range report when you have a chance...
I love it and here are a few the recoil is not bad to me, I was shoot 180gr DT and 150gr Underwood, my practice ammo is 180gr Rem.

180gr Double Tap

I shoot this very well.

Nice cannon. What is your carry load?
I have some 180gr Double Tap I order some 150gr Underwood but I was going with the 180gr they are out of a lot of 10mm ammo.

I like the 175gr Silvertips in my G29 as a carry load.

I bought a box of this but I haven't try them yet.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys for all your comments, I'm loving retirement and my G29. I carry it with no problem, it's not too heavy but it's just right for me.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I love it and here are a few the recoil is not bad to me, I was shoot 180gr DT and 150gr Underwood, my practice ammo is 180gr Rem.

180gr Double Tap

I shoot this very well.

I have some 180gr Double Tap I order some 150gr Underwood but I was going with the 180gr they are out of a lot of 10mm ammo.

Great shooting! Those are some big holes ;)

I'll own a 10mm one day. At the moment I'm trying to sell/trade my Gen 3 G26 for a Gen 4. Found one, but the guy had performed a "custom" grip reduction, finger guard undercut, and stippling job :lol: :lol: :lol: It wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love it I'm wearing it now, I'm also getting better with it and when I go to the range it's loud this thing is a beast for sure.

·
Banned
0 Posts
If I am not mistaken, you have a few glocks in your collection now. Can we get a family pic?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes sir it!s no problem and I would never have thought that I would have a few of these bad boys.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

180gr Double Tap

I shoot this very well.

Those looked like my 10mm groups ! Congrats bro !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts