Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was at carters country day before yesturday looking at a S&W 15.. but didnt have my card on me.. went back to day, and they only had the 15T.. which was about $300 out of my price range. they didnt know when they would get another one in... so i went ahead and got this.
not having $450+ to get an eotech or Aimpoint... i chose a $70 Truglow for the time being.

its chambered for 556/223. i loved the M&P, but i like this one too.
so go ahead and rib me for the scope.. i dont mind:)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
no Rib i understand not having the cash for something that you want and having to make due.

another good option would be the S.P.O.T MK III its bascially a cheaper version of the AP ML2 and gets good reviews.

nice looking rifle by the way. nothing wrong with the Bushy. welcome to the club.

once you get out and shoot that beast be sure to get us a range report. :D

of course now I would start ripping the thing apart and making it exactly what i wanted it to be. new stock, new Pistol grip, rails, flip up sights, rail covers, ect ect ect.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Nice looking rifle!

Not gonna rib you about the scope.

But........................get that bar code off the trigger guard! ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Very nice, Congrats.

·
Registered
229 Posts
did you go to the pasadena one ? I went yesterday to look to see if they had the mp15 and of course they didnt . all they had were two bushmasters left . there were a million people in there and no one wanted to buy them . i figured i should just wait to try to get one else where . it may be my only ar purchase , but other than that.. rifle looks nice . at least you got one

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Well since no one else will rib ya about that scope I will :p

I would have put that money toward iron sights ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Nice Bushy. I have one just like it and love it. Like mentioned above, now it's time to start having fun modifying it.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you go to the pasadena one ? I went yesterday to look to see if they had the mp15 and of course they didnt . all they had were two bushmasters left . there were a million people in there and no one wanted to buy them . i figured i should just wait to try to get one else where . it may be my only ar purchase , but other than that.. rifle looks nice . at least you got one
no, the spring store, i had them search, and they had one in the warehouse which is across the street from their store, and they went and got it.. it too was the 15T. i don't care for a ton of rails, as i don't plan on buying a ton of crap for it. I've always been the KISS type. i might change out the grip but thats about it.
When i told them i didnt want it, they stuck it on the shelf, and it sold to someone right then and there.

Well since no one else will rib ya about that scope I will :p

I would have put that money toward iron sights ;)
the TruGlow cost $69, they only had a set of rear iron sights for the AR, and it was over $100, and no front sight either.. so i had to take the cheaper route. I still have to price out some BUIS, but the ones from the bushmaster website are over $200 for a set... it will be awhile.. i need some mags first:)

have waited and got the s&w i no i waaited an got a great deal an rifle
but next time
Bird in the hand was my mentality.. i waited a couple days to buy the M&P and it was gone... this was my second choice, they had it, and i took it:)
my druthers would have been the S&W, but i'm not disappointed in this purchase.

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Very nice. Congrats. As long as you're happy with the scope that's all that matters.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good to me. If you're on a budget, it's better to get a good base rifle and worry about upgrading the accessories later. Sometimes the less expensive stuff works out, and they make good spares for the range bag after you replace them.

Hell, I still have a UTG rail on one of mine that I bought after bursting my budget on the rifle and optics. I intended to replace it right away, but so far I can't see any reason to. It's a carbine length AR that I wouldn't bother to free float, and the thing locked on like a vise and works great...

Enjoy the Bushie!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. Congrats. As long as you're happy with the scope that's all that matters.
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm happy with the setup for now. I can't be let down by the scope either way, I already know, while I'd like an ACOG, aimpoint, or even an eotech, I can't compare this $60 red dot to them, and don't expect it to perform like them. I just want to get the rounds on the paper.

I'll likely go for the SPOT though.
Unless I win a lottery, and can get an ACOG:)

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm happy with the setup for now. I can't be let down by the scope either way, I already know, while I'd like an ACOG, aimpoint, or even an eotech, I can't compare this $60 red dot to them, and don't expect it to perform like them. I just want to get the rounds on the paper.

I'll likely go for the SPOT though.
Unless I win a lottery, and can get an ACOG:)

Cheers.
I can't say enough good things about the SPOT.

Congrats on the rifle!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hell, I still have a UTG rail on one of mine that I bought after bursting my budget on the rifle and optics. I intended to replace it right away, but so far I can't see any reason to. It's a carbine length AR that I wouldn't bother to free float, and the thing locked on like a vise and works great...

Enjoy the Bushie!
I like my UTG rail too. Same for me, clamped down like a vise, looks cool, mounting purposes are there if I want/need them and came with the covers to boot.

To Boomer:
Grats on the purchase. I like my bushy, though to know what I know now, I'd probably have gotten a stag or built one for what I spent on it new and have now got in it getting it to TOWARDS where I want it (was a fixed carry handle, realized afterwards I really should have / wanted a flat top). But all around I have 0 complaints. And if you think you get ribbed over the cheap red dot, I've not posted picks of mine since the changes 1) cause I've quit posting pics of guns I don't anymore :wink: 2) between my UTG rails, hogue grip and center point rifle scop (on a carbine) I'm afraid I'd be run out the door heh heh.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just went up and picked up 200 rounds of soft point .223 ammo... it was all they had, figured it'd be okay to plink with to start.
and about 250 rounds of .45 ammo too.

next couple weeks is all about ammo, and if i can find them, 4 mags for my AR.
then i'll try and get the SPOT around xmas.

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Looks good to me. If you're on a budget, it's better to get a good base rifle and worry about upgrading the accessories later. Sometimes the less expensive stuff works out, and they make good spares for the range bag after you replace them.

Enjoy the Bushie!

I like my UTG rail too. Same for me, clamped down like a vise, looks cool, mounting purposes are there if I want/need them and came with the covers to boot.

To Boomer:
Grats on the purchase. I like my bushy, though to know what I know now, I'd probably have gotten a stag or built one for what I spent on it new and have now got in it getting it to TOWARDS where I want it (was a fixed carry handle, realized afterwards I really should have / wanted a flat top). But all around I have 0 complaints. And if you think you get ribbed over the cheap red dot, I've not posted picks of mine since the changes 1) cause I've quit posting pics of guns I don't anymore :wink: 2) between my UTG rails, hogue grip and center point rifle scop (on a carbine) I'm afraid I'd be run out the door heh heh.

I had a UTG rail on my midlength for a little while and it did what it was supposed to do. It locked up tight and looked good, but it was heavy compared to the Daniel Defense FF that I have now. As long as you aren't planning on mounting optics on the hand gaurds, the UTG will serve its purpose.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's been pretty much my experience with the UTG. The biggest hassle is weight, but I'm on the big side myself. For a middy or anything I'd be lugging around long distance the DD FF rail would be my #1 choice as well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts