Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's 50 miles south of my present location, and I won't get it until tomorrow. I'm just really excited. Here's some pics:

I'll get a full report up Friday hopefully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mr0w1 said:
Okay, so it's 50 miles south of my present location, and I won't get it until tomorrow.
<wiseass>
So what kind of lens do you have on your camera that can take pics from 50 miles away? I want one of those!
</wiseass>

Mike

·
Registered
813 Posts
Those are tuckable. the shirt can be tucked down to the bolt at the bottom of the hook so it goes over the gun as well.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
Verm said:
Those are tuckable. the shirt can be tucked down to the bolt at the bottom of the hook so it goes over the gun as well.
So, apparently this holster rides pretty high then doesn't it?

bd

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry took so long to get back.

Yeah, as indicated, the holster is tuckable, but you'd still see the clips. Not a prob for me, because I normally don't tuck, and most people don't pay any attention anyway.

Gun scuffing: Meh. It's a carry gun. That happens. I've got an ever so slight bit of wear on the very front corners of the slide though. Like I said though, I'm not too concerned.

To whoever asks if it rides high: it does, and that's my only complaint about it. If anyone has any idea of how I might get it to ride a little bit lower, I'd appreciate it.

Also, it feels giant. Going from carrying practically Mexican (the Cardboard/Ducktape Holster) to this feels like I'm carrying a Desert Eagle. It is very comfortable and secure though.

I think I'll keep it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I dont have this holster, I have a Fist #1A, it takes awhile to get used to the extra bulk of the leather but when you do, you wont even think about it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I occasionally tuck with my C-TAC. You need to have a bigger shirt to do it. When I'm wearing the right type of shirt it works very well. Yeah you do see the clips but I normally put my cell phone near the front one to kind of cover it and then the back one is there but no one notices. You can also get those "C Clips" that show much less of the clip itself. I just tucked tonight when the wife and I went out to eat with no problems.

brad cook

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
mrOw1 wrote:
To whoever asks if it rides high: it does, and that's my only complaint about it. If anyone has any idea of how I might get it to ride a little bit lower, I'd appreciate it.
The height of the holster does two things: It puts the gun in the "sweet spot" above the hip bone and under the ribcage on most people who wear their belt at navel level. It also makes sure you get a full firing grip right away without having to shift your grip.

We can have longer clips made to order that will drop the rig an inch lower. Just give us a shout. Takes a week or two to get.

Some jeans tend to have a higher waistband than do others. That can also affect ride height.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rob!

Actually, this weekend I managed to find "the spot" for "the answer". The holster and gun no longer feel "giant", as previously described, and it doesn't feel like it's riding too high at all. I hereby retract my only complaint about the holster. You may now add me to your list of 100% satisfied customers. :) Thanks for such a great product!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay. Semi-humorous yet at the same time usefully informational update/anecdote:

So I'm at my friend's house, we're all crashing there. So I go to claim my couch, wait for everyone to leave the room, and then take off my gun. As soon as I got the holster out of my pants, both of the retention screws fell out and hit the floor, along with the washers and spacer tubing. Fortunately, I was holding onto the gun along with the holster, or it might have hit the floor too (wouldn't have hurt the XD, but probably would have dented the hardwood floor).

Moral of this story: While the instructions say not to adjust the retention until after you've tried it out for a while, and then only minimally, do make sure before using your holster (of any brand, really) that you've got at least a sufficient number of threads in the hole so that they don't fall out at an inopportune time.

Anyway, not really a big deal. Just something that would probably be good to check (like I said, on pretty much any holster with screws) from time to time. Your holster is as important to your gun as your gun is important to you. :)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Good advice on the screws.
We'd use Loctite but then customers couldn't adjust the screws. Loctite makes a mild 222/Screwlock style but it's hard to get outside of industrial distribution. 242/Blue would be decent second choice.
Just a tad. A small, small amount will do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts