Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Wow...I like how that mounts up. A very neat and strong mount...no doubt.

How does that newer Mini 14 shoot? I hear they fixed the "shot- stringing" issues that plagued the earlier Minis like mine.

I have a 1976 made Mini-14. Back before there were scope mounts on the receiver. A great plinker....but it strings shots badly, when the thin barrel gets heated up.

The Mini-14 is big fun...isn't it?

Good thing I will be getting an AR soon...my daughter now thinks the Mini is hers! LOL

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I have one of the new ranch 580 models with a inexpensive scope on it and it's pretty darned accurate out to 100 yds. Never had the chance to shoot it past that distance as of yet. Your right the Mini 14 is big time fun.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go. I got a day off, 500 rounds of 223 and went to the range...

The Mini 14 is awesome.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see people go to the range and lock up their gun in a vice so it does not move at all, and they think they are good shoots.

I place the dot on the target and fire as fast as I can, because I only train in killing as many bad guys as fast as I can and that is all I ever want to do.

Taking 1/2 hour for the best shoot ever is lame...

·
Registered
431 Posts
That bell alarm would drive me nuts in short order... How annoying!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big problem I have is am cheap. And I use the same target over and over so it is hard to see groups...

I am just going to bite the bullet and work on 5 shoot groups and take it form there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts