Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Izzybella" 68 yrs old.;)

Taken her out with the boys once. They all love her.:twisted:

I just start cheesin' every time I pick this beast up. Shoots a little high, barrel is in great shape. Bright with no counterbore. Bud's comes through.:cool:
Thanks for lookin'

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Nery nice. Just shot mine for the first time this week. How do you like the butt pad? I think it would feel better with it to make the stock longer. Enjoy!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mine shoots high too, but is centered nicely. I have heard these were meant to be shot with the bayonet on, which is a nice bit of weight on the end of the barrel. Someday I am going to put the bayonet on and see what difference it makes. If I do that on the 25 yd range I can shoot and stab the target at the same time. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huski92,
That extra 1"-2" is great. I have long, primate arms.:)
Haven't shot it without the pad. The rubber is hardened so I'm not sure if it helps with recoil that much.
Where are you in Illinois? I'm in the Quad Cities.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine shoots high too, but is centered nicely. I have heard these were meant to be shot with the bayonet on, which is a nice bit of weight on the end of the barrel. Someday I am going to put the bayonet on and see what difference it makes. If I do that on the 25 yd range I can shoot and stab the target at the same time. :)
LOL
It's a muti-tool for killing. You could crush some skulls with the original steel buttplate and stock. The bayonet measured around 16" today!

I shot high with the bayonet on?
Might take it off next time?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Huski92,
That extra 1"-2" is great. I have long, primate arms.:)
Haven't shot it without the pad. The rubber is hardened so I'm not sure if it helps with recoil that much.
Where are you in Illinois? I'm in the Quad Cities.

Thanks Focker... I think i will pick up a but pad. The leanght will help. Will also help the sore shoulder:D Im in Elgin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check ebay. I got the pad plus five stripper clips for $15 with free shipping.
Had a hell of a time with the stripper clips. :evil:
Just need to practice.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
Apparently your Russian came with a rubber:p

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'v never tried the clips, but hear it's just easier to single load them. I'll check ebay out...I've got my eye on you Focker!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I bought some reproduction stripper clips and they don't work well. More trouble than they are worth. Even if I use the loading techniques shown on YouTube, they misfeed the last round into the magazine. Then I have to fiddle with the rifle for about five minutes to get the round out because it gets wedged in. If I were in combat, some Nazi would have shot me before I could finish reloading.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I read some where to stagger them. One in, the rim of the next one on top, the rim of the next under the 2nd if that makes any sense.

I've been researching enfields and mosins, I don't own either yet, but this was from an enfield website.

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/leenfld.htm

I know its for an enfield, but it may work for a mosin too? I don't see how the clips would be that different.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the clips are good if you need to bust up your fingers.
just brought a 91/30 home today. looks good next to the m44. these guns are so addicting for some reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the clips are good if you need to bust up your fingers.
just brought a 91/30 home today. looks good next to the m44. these guns are so addicting for some reason.
I'm with ya Shawn, on both statements.

Got so pissed yesterday I ditched the clips and loaded each round.:evil::evil::evil:

Probably going to get another M91/30 for my son when he gets older. Dad might hand his down and look for a Finn M39?:cool:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ah man, I was all set to ask if she was blond, brunette, or redhead, and if she could speak english.
I will say this; regardless of the hair color, the picture shows she is a real beauty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts