Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back in late 07 I snagged a xd, loved it. In november of 09 I got orders back to NC, I was in AK at the time. well to drive through canada I needed to fill out a lot of paperwork with my pistol... but I missed something. when I presented my package they informed me that for the xd I needed some big wig to sighn off on it.

I was kinda pissed because when I called the border before starting the trip, the head guard at the station said that what I was good to go. I wasn't, however, and they took my baby.

well the bitch is back, thanx to the wife, and I could not be happier.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Raw Deal man! :cry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it sucked becase I asked the guy listed on the website, over and over again, what I needed to fill out, if I filled it out right, yadda yadda. I show up at the border station and the lady there says he was wrong and I needed their government to sighn off on it, and then she took the gun. needless to say I removed my barrel, mag, laser/light, and spring before I let her have it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That really sucks, I'm sorry. You are lucky to have a wife like that, though.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would have taken the slide and everything, and just given them an empty frame!
My thoughts exactly! The frame is the only thing that is a legal firearm, the rest is parts.

But a better solution would be to ask them if you could leave your vehicle and walk it back so you could UPS it to yourself. You DON'T need a FFL to be able to do that.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
I love stories with happy endings!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts