Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys I was not very satisfied with my CZ rifle so i decided to trade the whole set up to this::NIB SR9 + the ruger 22/45 (slightly used) and the 2 boxes of ammo..i liked the CZ but i'm more of a pistol kinda guy ,i think it was a good trade, i got the CZ used but i bought the scope new so anyway here they are..

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Ruger 22/45 easily could be my next gun. Please keep us posted on your likes or dislikes as it pertains to this gun.

foon

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice pair of ruger's. I have a 22/45 like that only in a bull barrel. Keep it clean and you wont have any issues. Make sure you follow the directions when assembling/disassembling and be patient. (you'll know what I mean when you re-assemble) I run the cheapo walmart box o bullets from federal in mine all the time. Rarely have an issue. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
You have a nice pair there.:wink:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not planning on doing any disassembling of any of my rugers(22lr i have 2)any time soon becs i know they can be a PITA if you know what i mean...
Nice pair of ruger's. I have a 22/45 like that only in a bull barrel. Keep it clean and you wont have any issues. Make sure you follow the directions when assembling/disassembling and be patient. (you'll know what I mean when you re-assemble) I run the cheapo walmart box o bullets from federal in mine all the time. Rarely have an issue. Have fun.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You will love the 22-45. I have a blued 5'5" bull barrel model and have been shooting it like mad for 10 years and its still ticking along perfectly.

The other Ruger? Sorry...Ruger's centerfire semi-autos just don't do it for me. Owned a P85 once and that was enough for me. Sticking with SIGs and Glocks for my 9mm and 40 centerfires.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Looking good. I like the SR9. Am worried the grip may be too small for my hands, but they are cool guns. Congrats. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on the new guns! :)

I almost bought an SR9 when I bought my XD. Kind of had my heart set on an XD and when the dealer made me a decent deal on the XD I quickly decided to get the gun I really wanted.

This might be a stupid question, but what's the difference between the Ruger 22/45 and other Ruger .22 target pistols?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats on the new guns! :)

I almost bought an SR9 when I bought my XD. Kind of had my heart set on an XD and when the dealer made me a decent deal on the XD I quickly decided to get the gun I really wanted.

This might be a stupid question, but what's the difference between the Ruger 22/45 and other Ruger .22 target pistols?

The 22/45 frame is supposed to mimic a 1911 frame. It has a magazine release button for your thumb as opposed to the mag release being at the bottom of the gun. I think they call that european style. I like having the thumb mag release but I prefer the other grip configuration. Also, the 22/45 frame is plastic whereas the MKI,II,III is steel.

What's cool about these ruger .22's is there is a company that sells aluminum barrels that are unbelievably light. If that barrel was installed on a 22/45 frame, the only weight of the gun would be the bolt, magazine, and .22 shells. You'd probably forget you even had it on your side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts