Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Those are sweet guns. Congratulations.

We are gonna need pictures and possibly a video.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i just googled that because i had no idea what it was. looks really cool, good luck with the wait, id be antsy as hell haha.

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
+1 on posting vids and updates. The design on that gun is so unique I'm curious how well it holds up in the real world. Congrats. :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrads on the new purchase!!! Sounds like a fun one and they do look awesome!!!

How long is the barrel on the one you acquired?

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately this is only a partial review, as I (like an idiot) only took a total of 32 rounds with me to shoot. I know, I know...

All of the reviews I conduct are based around subjective qualities, or qualities as I see them. I cannot possibly know how it would work out for you, but I will tell you everything I can muster about my experience with it.

Review

The Kriss is heavy! As a 'polymer' rifle, I truly expected it to be light, but the parts inside are built quite solid, which is probably a very good thing. I hear they designed it around the AK47, big parts hard to break, and it would make sense.

With a 16" barrel it looks very odd, and the weight makes snappy target changes a bit more difficult. Without a SBR version I cannot compare fully, but it seems as beefy as my piston AR minus magazines.

Recoil is heavy, but muzzle lift is almost nonexistant. It pulled left more than rose, and even in doing that (at about 30 yards) barely pulled the sights to the end of the paper target I was using.

I had some issues feeding American Eagle (listed in the TDI website as a 'authorized ammo') Hollowpoints. I do not know if HPs are specifically listed. FMJ loaded like a dream, but I had one FTF, and my brother had two from the HPs.

Glock 21 magazines worked like a dream, and were relatively easy to load without speedloader.

Gun comes in a large rifle case with papers and cleaning kit, book and padding, and these weird yellow wraps around the barrel. Never seen them before until this gun.

The grooved grip around the magazine well provides ample enough holding power that I elected to not add the foregrip, and save myself $20.

Folding sights are solid, but not marked with any manufacturer label so I cannot say if they are Kriss made, or YHM/etc...

Teardown is unbelievably simple; watch a youtube video and its all there. Make sure you get the bolt lugs into the forward groove, and the recoil block guide into the rearward groove during reassembly.

After registering it, I was awarded a $20 coupon code from the KRISS store online, neat extra!

Folding stock has a small detent on the weapon body to hold it somewhat in place folded. Not meant for the field environment by any means... it will let go.

Trigger is smooth, very smooth. Used to my crappy trigger on my Piston AR, and it was amazing. Perhaps not so amazing if you use a 2oz benchrest trigger, but still, given a crappy standard AR trigger, this thing was great.

Plenty of rail space if you are in need of any. Folding AR style sights work great and hopefully I'll get a cheap reflex optic for it SOMEDAY soon.

Serrations (sp?) on the back of the buttstock were less than comfortable, but not as bad as my rough M4 retractable buttstock is standard with those million tiny points.

Cleaning was easy, given the disassembly and good AE ammo, and I will be using some steel cased russian ammo in it soon to see how filthy it gets under much heavier use.

Another review to come. And a pic for the gun-pronographically inclined ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
ohhh your 1 lucky mo-fo LOL, i believe thats the same thing as the "Vector" in Modern Warfare 2, not real sure though seeing as i like Battlefield series more :p

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another review to come.
Well, took it out and shot about 150 rounds through it yesterday. 3 FTFeeds (and one bad-ammo FTFire) out of the lot. I got my Kriss mag extension and used two other genuine G21 magazines.

First target was my own, getting used to the recoil and sight picture, and trying to find a baseline group to adjust sights with.

Second target was after a sight adjustment to the left. Without a piece of 223 or my sight tool i couldn't adjust the DOWN i needed to sight it in better.

Left target was movement to target drills I shot, and some practice shots by my girlfriend. She had a bad day and was all too willing to take out some aggression on the paper invaders.

The target on the right was originally a zeroing target for me, and you can hardly tell but to the right of the Bull there's a huge hole missing, about 2bull's length across.

The GF put a few rounds into that one too because the wind was blowing the first target all over the place, tape and clamps couldn't keep it down.

I'll get some pictures of the gun up in a day or so.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So....overall, are you happy with the purchase? You like it? Gonna keep it? Is it as billed. Great fun? Not so much?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts