Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped it the other day futzing over my holster. It fell on the tile floor right on the rear sight. The left glowball of the Meprolights apparently popped out.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye!

In all seriousness, that has to suck. I feel for ya! :cry:

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye!

In all seriousness, that has to suck. I feel for ya! :cry:
Good one, I really did laugh out loud at this.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
My sympathies. Just recently my wife knocked over one of the Saigas on to a hardwood floor, narrowly missing a metal bed frame. About three days later I had a long gun that I had misted with CLP, can't remember which one, slipped through my hands and I literally caught it inches from concrete. Up until now I have never dropped a gun and had two of mine nearly hit the ground in one week.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My sympathies. Just recently my wife knocked over one of the Saigas on to a hardwood floor, narrowly missing a metal bed frame. About three days later I had a long gun that I had misted with CLP, can't remember which one, slipped through my hands and I literally caught it inches from concrete. Up until now I have never dropped a gun and had two of mine nearly hit the ground in one week.
But you should never attempt to catch a dropped gun, an excellent opportunity for a ND.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I dropped it the other day futzing over my holster. It fell on the tile floor right on the rear sight. The left glowball of the Meprolights apparently popped out.
How do you like the solo?....Is it broken it yet? I hear you have to run a higher grain round through it for a while, during break in.?

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
But you should never attempt to catch a dropped gun, an excellent opportunity for a ND.
Agreed. But it was empty and being cleaned. Point taken though. A while back I posted about a friend who's stepson died as a result of a ND. The coroner believes that is what happened.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you like the solo?....Is it broken it yet? I hear you have to run a higher grain round through it for a while, during break in.?
I like it. It is smaller and easier to conceal than my versa thunder .380.

I had fail to feed issues with 115gr fmj. I don't think they were all due to the bullet weight. I sent it back to Kimber and they swapped some components, I think the extractor was bad. Kimber specifies 124gr minimum.

It's never failed with 147gr bullets.

It is snappy for sure. Definitely not a range gun. I would like some stippling on the front strap. I have the full stainless version and it is slick.

I got mine from a dealer in Alabama off gunbroker for about $625 including FFL.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I like it. It is smaller and easier to conceal than my versa thunder .380.

I had fail to feed issues with 115gr fmj. I don't think they were all due to the bullet weight. I sent it back to Kimber and they swapped some components, I think the extractor was bad. Kimber specifies 124gr minimum.

It's never failed with 147gr bullets.

It is snappy for sure. Definitely not a range gun. I would like some stippling on the front strap. I have the full stainless version and it is slick.

I got mine from a dealer in Alabama off gunbroker for about $625 including FFL.
I've had a chance to pick up 1 or 2 at really good prices.....I think a lot of folks down her have bought them and felt they were TOO snappy for them.....I may have to look into one after the Holidays. Thanks for the info.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts