• 100% keeping my job

• 50% keeping my job (nervous)

• I lost my job during the last 8 months

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what is says. I have heard many people loosing their jobs. Where does everyone sit?? I feel somewhat stable in my Safety job...

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
My job is secure unless the company totally fails - which I don't see happening. I did however have to lay of 8 people 3 weeks ago and another person today. Hopefully that is about it. Times are tough.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
We are doing some major construction where I work and now today I was told they are laying off more and more. Last week several went, and now monday more.

Pretty soon we'll be down to basically 2 people to do the work of 30...But, hey, at least I have a job, it pays well, I have a company vehicle, company credit card and they pay half of my insurance premiums.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Luckily I've been through all this before. I've got 21 years seniority in a 10,000 employee aerospace company. Unfortunately the rumor mill is starting to crank out some vile crap. Other aircraft plants in my area have already made layoff announcements. Not Good, we have alot of young kids who may get the axe, I hope not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bottom line is that no one should be 100% confident ever....and especially not now.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Dem little rascals need an edumication and I am there to edumicate dem.;)
Seriously though, we had our talk today and there will be no "layoffs" at my high school, which is good since there are only twelve of us teachers there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Took a buyout from Chrysler Corp. six months ago; back in school now while the wife works. Auto industry is collapsing, so I think I did the right thing!!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
i voted 100%(just how i feel about my situation) I work at an automotive dealership, i am lucky the Co. i work for is not having as hard a time as some of other makes out there. but things are not great, we have not laid people off yet. i have been there awhile in a few different positions,so i don't think i would be one of the first ones to go.

·
Registered
809 Posts
i am disable i get a small check but at list it some thing but what suck is i can not even get a part time job becose of my condition so you guys that have full time or part time jobs be at list happy that at list have some thing some pepol don't have any thing :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
I work full time but I will start drawing SS in March.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Nothing is 100%, but I am secure for now.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I'm not too worried about my job, but things are slow here. But, as my boss told me one time, "Everybody is replaceable".

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I voted 100% keeping my job... though it's not quite 100% I'm a college student and I work in sales part time (Start full time on Saturday after I'm done with finals). I'll do that until I find something better. There's a chance I won't keep my job, but that's only if my performance drops a bit- losing my job because of the economy is not likely.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put 100%. Although I would disagree with the 100% since nobody's job is concrete, I would definitely say high 90%. I work for a ford dealership that has been around since before 1930. They are very well established and the property is totally payed for. Not only that but our service department has the highest profit/capita in the south-east region. Sure the economy is really down and business is not as good as it has been, but we still have work in the shop and it pays the bills. So really a) I am at a good dealership and its in the least trouble of the detriot 3 b) My skill set makes me extremely desirable for my position and have several certifications through ford that would make it easy to find a job elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Lost my job last week, brand new plant 5 months old most likely will go bankrupt

1 - 20 of 31 Posts