Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swith and Wesson 625 Performance Center....

This thing is AWESOME!!!!

An utter peach to shoot and accurate as all get out. FANTASTIC pistol!

I love the sights. First time Ive ever shot a pistol with a gold bead front. Pistol pulls up and sight picture is now. Absolutely great.

The only quirky aspect to me are the moon clips. But, that I feel will just be a learning curve. So, I'll just stock up like crazy on those and keep them filled. :grin:

I got this a few hours after I brought the pistol home. A good christening.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Sexy gun! Can you shoot .45 super out of there?

I love it besides the grips. Those remind me of a clown.

Sweet gun. Look forward to range report.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sexy gun! Can you shoot .45 super out of there?

I love it besides the grips. Those remind me of a clown.

Sweet gun. Look forward to range report.
Thanks!

That I do not know.

I honestly don't see why you couldn't. Its been done out of an XDS.

I kinda like the red white blue aspect of the grips but more important , they are GREAT!!! Nice, slim, and right there. I see what you mean tho. The coloring is a little funky.

I'll get a pic of my first target tomorrow.

I've shot it 8 times so far.

Ran a cylinder through it when I first got home and 2 on the racoon.

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Considering that they just bore the cylinder a little deeper for the 625's in .45 Colt...and those loads can get plenty hot--I'd say you'd have no worries shooting .45 Super in it.

However, I'm sure S&W's official position is no.

Nice JM model, Ben. Those smooth grips are to aid speed shooting...and if there's someone, anyone who knows about working a revolver fast...it'd be Jerry Miculek...;)

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the first 6 shots out of it.

10 yards, AE 230gr FMJ.

My first shot was the one right above the target. I am so used to shooting Point of Aim that I forgot about the 6 o'clock hold. I figured that out and then I settled in for the last 5.

Cuda,

This doesn't have any JM markings on it at all like the Miculek model does.

But, when I look it up on the SW site, this model is listed as both the 625 JM and 625.

Oh well.

Speaking of the SW website, I should have never went there. It looks like they also have a snubby 629 with a 2 5/8 barrel. Great.:lol: I think that would be a 44 spl dream.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Freakin gorgeous! As the fanatical owner of 2 performance center revolvers you've got a great gun there! I've got a buddy who's everyday carry is one of those and he loves it.

Good shootin too.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Definitely stands out in an awesome way.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Very nice, but I've never understood the point of having a revolver chambered in a auto loading cartridge. Can someone explain the benefits please?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice, but I've never understood the point of having a revolver chambered in a auto loading cartridge. Can someone explain the benefits please?
If you already have a semi auto in that caliber and it's something you like then why not.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Very nice. I picked up a 625-8 JM model last Black Friday. I love it to death, and my fiancé actually likes it a lot which is saying something, albeit she prefers my light handloads....she's always been more of a 9mm girl.

I don't know how much better the trigger is on the PC model over the JM, but do yourself a favor and grab a spring kit for it from Jerry Miculek's company (Boom Inc. I think). I replaced the springs myself and it made the trigger even better than before. Even with the mainspring tension screw tightened in all the way it's much lighter than from factory in both SA and DA, and I have had zero issues igniting primers. I think it only cost me $15 for the spring set.

Personally I didn't want to have to stock up on a "wheelgun cartridge", but I wanted a nice wheelgun just the same. This allows me to have my cake and eat it too...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Very nice. I picked up a 625-8 JM model last Black Friday. I love it to death, and my fiancé actually likes it a lot which is saying something, albeit she prefers my light handloads....she's always been more of a 9mm girl.

I don't know how much better the trigger is on the PC model over the JM, but do yourself a favor and grab a spring kit for it from Jerry Miculek's company (Boom Inc. I think). I replaced the springs myself and it made the trigger even better than before. Even with the mainspring tension screw tightened in all the way it's much lighter than from factory in both SA and DA, and I have had zero issues igniting primers. I think it only cost me $15 for the spring set.

Personally I didn't want to have to stock up on a "wheelgun cartridge", but I wanted a nice wheelgun just the same. This allows me to have my cake and eat it too...
I didn't think of it that way. Being of the striker fire generation, I've always seen revolvers as a compromise in order to have a more powerful cartridge (I have two .357s and one .44mag), but I forget that some folks simply prefer them over autos. My dad is a S&W revolver guy, Grampa is a 1911 guy, and I prefer modern striker-fired poly pistols. Congrats on your new shoot'n iron, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my XD-45

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Moonclips are a big reason. Smith and Wesson has made a .45 auto revolver for damn near 100 years. Blame pistol shortages in WWI

1 - 20 of 20 Posts