Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last Saturdayduring a routine range session, my 3rd gen. HS2000, that I recently purchased experienced at least a dozen FTEs. I used all 3 of my factory mags and changed ammo twice, no dice.

Should my next step be to cantact Springfield or a local GS.

I really love this pistol and want it to be all that it can be.

God Bless!!!

Peter

R

·
0 Posts
First you need to fully clean the pistol, then my next if i was still having problem would be to contact SA not a gunsmith. It has a lifetime warranty, if they think it is a warranty issue they will give you a RA # then you can fedex overnite to them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
REC613 said:
First you need to fully clean the pistol, then my next if i was still having problem would be to contact SA not a gunsmith. It has a lifetime warranty, if they think it is a warranty issue they will give you a RA # then you can fedex overnite to them.
Great call my friend... but the gun was clean at the onset of that range trip... and I mean clean. I am sort of anal about my firearms being cleaned after a range trip and this HS2000 was no different.

Thanks for the advice, it is very much appreciated.

Peter

R

·
0 Posts
No problem, when ever I have a problem thats always my first step. Good luck on getting that baby up and eatin ammo again!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 3rd generation HS. I also had to replace my extractor but it has been awhile. The replacement extractors for the XD have a slightly bigger claw. Since I put in the new extractor the gun has run like a top. There use to be a pic I posted of the two extractors side by side but I think it is gone now.
You ought see if springfield won't sell you the part if you can just send in the slide for extractor replacement, it will save you a bundle in shipping. Mark

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The Reverend said:
This last Saturdayduring a routine range session, my 3rd gen. HS2000, that I recently purchased experienced at least a dozen FTEs. I used all 3 of my factory mags and changed ammo twice, no dice.

Should my next step be to cantact Springfield or a local GS.

I really love this pistol and want it to be all that it can be.

God Bless!!!

Peter
weren't the HS series still stuck w/ the suspect ejector? prone to breaking/bending or sumpn. Since they aren't selling parts, sounds like you would be stuck sending it back to them.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I felt that before the forum-hack, that there was some potential for a clear path of solution on the XD/HS2000 extractor. Now we just have memories to help us.

What I remember is that if the extractor is tuned the same way that a 1911 extractor is tuned that all may be well. The problem is that the extractor has lost tension, and can be tweaked to work properly.

I would like to reconstruct this knowledge, but we need some bold/experimental members to do so. I have several times asked to receive the "bad" extractors after they have been swapped out to see if I can repeat the problems in my good HS2000, but haven't received any yet. If this can be added to the knowledge base for the HS2000/XD, then everyone benefits.

So... what will it take to develope this last bit of knowledge? :?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts