Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the lever on my gun safe broke it is made by Sentry safe. It only has a one year warranty and i am at 2 years.

has anyone had a problem like this with a safe?

I was trying to open it and i noticed the weld on the lever was wiggly and after a few times opening and closing it finally snapped at the weld. It is clearly a manufacturer defect. Heres the pics. Oh and it broke with all my guns in it so i had to take a flat head screw driver and pound it in the hole and twist it to open it.
I sent Sentry safe an email but i have not heard back yet...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: got an email back today almost 1 month later and they asked for a serial number and then they will send me the part to fix it.

Idk how the hell im going to replace that part myself???

·
Registered
803 Posts
no pics

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Wow! what a cheap door handle. I would complain very loud to the company.:?

Looks like a thief could do the same thimg to steal your guns. Pry off the handle, get a screwdriver and open the door, take all the contents.

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
made in china?

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Wow! what a cheap door handle. I would complain very loud to the company.:?

Looks like a thief could do the same thimg to steal your guns. Pry off the handle, get a screwdriver and open the door, take all the contents.
I agree with this. Remember to continuously use the word "unacceptable" seems to be the magic word with customer service people.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Wow! and here i thought my cannon safe was a piece of $h!t!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea idk my dad got it for me at christmas from lowes for 300 bucks i think. that little metal circle looks even thinner in real life than in the pics. And yea it would be easy for a bad guy to waid till i leave take a hammer pound it off in one hit. then punch a screw driver in it and twist. Wala hello sig sauer, springfield, ruger, remington and all my knife collection!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look at the piece of metal in comparasin to my finger. its like a fraction of a mm think.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE: got an email back today almost 1 month later and they asked for a serial number and then they will send me the part to fix it.

·
Registered
429 Posts

I was thinking the same thing they going to send you a new lever with some jb weld and you be good to go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts