Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sellier & bellot 9mm. man i went to the range loaded up and out of the first 6 shots i had 4 fte. the slide was in the back position and the casing was in the barrel with another bullet right behind it jamming the whole thing. swithched to wwb and remington hollow points and 200 rounds of perfection. any ideas as to why this happened? on a side note the remington's were 115gr and they had alot more recoil and muzzle flash. acurancy was awesome. :D

my buddys glock also had a bad event during the 400 rounds of .40 wwb one time he fired and then it never ejected and the slide wouldn't move. it was jammed in the closed position. after about 10 mins of tinkering we got the casing out and it had balloned out.

also shot a ruger 9mm..not that's a long trigger pull. plus a s&w 38 revolver snubnose...i was really bad with that :?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well..i've only taken my new XD.40 to the range once and was using Independence ammo (recommended by rep at Sportsmans warehouse) and had 3 or 4 FTF...after i was done with my 100 rnds of that i purchased the house range ammo...PMC and had no problems. I think alot of people dislike PMC but it worked better than that independece.

Anyone ever use Independece ammo? and did you have any FTF's?

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first XD-9 would fail to extract 8% of the time with S&B, 2% with WWB, 0% with American Eagle. You could consistently tell what ammo you were using based on the FTE rate. If you look at the depth of the case head rim and extractor groove on the case you can see why.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Saw it the other day in the new Sportsman's Warehouse. Might try some later, but right now they sell almost all of their ammo in 50 round boxes instead of the 100 or 250 round value-packs. Going to be $3 or $4 cheaper to go to Wal-mart or Bass Pro.

·
Registered
268 Posts
my buddys glock also had a bad event during the 400 rounds of .40 wwb one time he fired and then it never ejected and the slide wouldn't move. it was jammed in the closed position. after about 10 mins of tinkering we got the casing out and it had balloned out.

THATS DUE TO A NON FULLY SUPPORTED CHAMBER. WHAT YOUR FRIEND HAD WAS A NEAR KB(KABOOM). IT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED WITH GLOCKS AND THATS ONE REASON I WILL NEVER OWN ONE

·
Registered
454 Posts
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: my gun hates...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THATS DUE TO A NON FULLY SUPPORTED CHAMBER. WHAT YOUR FRIEND HAD WAS A NEAR KB(KABOOM). IT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED WITH GLOCKS AND THATS ONE REASON I WILL NEVER OWN ONE
A GLOCK having a problem???? NO WAY I CAN"T BELEIVE IT....... ONLY THE POORLY MADE XD HAS PROBLEMS. GLOCK GOOD.......XD BAD!!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: my gun hates...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A GLOCK having a problem???? NO WAY I CAN"T BELEIVE IT....... ONLY THE POORLY MADE XD HAS PROBLEMS. GLOCK GOOD.......XD BAD!!! :roll:
:lol: :lol: .
Completely unheard of!

·
Registered
270 Posts
kgpcr said:

BWAHAHA.....another non Glock owner telling people what's wrong with their Glocks. You have any proof the non fully supportd chamber in this case is the cause? Maybe they were shooting hot reloads? The non fully supported chamber theory is total jive.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My XD9 eats everything. :D

This includes mostly a diet of WWB and UMC ammo (90%), Speer 115gr GoldDot HPs (5%) and other ammo such as range ammo (remanufactured), Wolf, CCI Blazer (alum cases), Rem Golden Sabres 124gr +P and S&B. Also shot a box of 147gr WWB ammo with no problems.

·
Registered
454 Posts
BWAHAHA.....another non Glock owner telling people what's wrong with their Glocks. You have any proof the non fully supportd chamber in this case is the cause? Maybe they were shooting hot reloads? The non fully supported chamber theory is total jive.
And what part of Glocks engineering/design team are you on that YOU are so sure it is "total jive"??? You don't know enough to send your XD in for a FREE fix but you NOW know all about the Glocks.....very interesting...oooops not really, how many days ago was it you bought your G19?? :roll:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Well, my HS2000 still hates WWB and Remington UMC. I had tons of FTEs this past Saturday. Wolf ammo ran flawlessly until the barrel got so hot that the lacquer stuck on one case (it was old Wolf. I'll be getting the polymer coated stuff from now on). It ran fine after that. The Winchester WinClean ammunition ran perfectly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Does the new polymer coating on wolf ammo work better than the old stuff??

·
Registered
268 Posts
RockinAR said:
kgpcr said:

ROCKINAR IS A TROLL PAY HIM NO MIND

·
Registered
212 Posts
reesegr said:
Well..i've only taken my new XD.40 to the range once and was using Independence ammo (recommended by rep at Sportsmans warehouse) and had 3 or 4 FTF...after i was done with my 100 rnds of that i purchased the house range ammo...PMC and had no problems. I think alot of people dislike PMC but it worked better than that independece.

Anyone ever use Independece ammo? and did you have any FTF's?

The Independance ammo that I saw at Sportsmans Warehouse was manufactured by CCI and the rep said it was Blazer in a brass case.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
Does the new polymer coating on wolf ammo work better than the old stuff??
Oooohhhhh yeah! The lacquer can get soft and make the case stick in the chamber. Granted, this happened after about 200 rounds of fire and not letting the gun cool down. The polyer coating won't stick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts